Monday, January 26, 2009

Is it Summer yet?

Have I mentioned enough times that I am seriously over the cold? I need sun and I need to actually be able to feel the HEAT from that sun because that's it I am done I have been in freezing mode for like weeks straight and it just is not for me. Not.at.all. Totally over it.

So this whole running thing...yeah my lungs are broken or something and I am feeling seriously discouraged. I can't run a HALF of a mile much less 13.1. I so should be able to run half a freaking mile, I mean seriously isn't that like abnormal...can't I blame it on some crazy illness rather than just the sheer fact that I am a lazy ass? Please? So as it stands at this current moment in time...on the treadmill at the gym I can uncomfortably run 1/3 of a mile. I could maybe REALLY push myself to get to 1/2 or more...but the REALLY pushing myself thing I am having some issues with, like I am not a fan of feeling like I might die because I can't breath soooo I just kind of stop before I get to that 1/2 mile point. So it takes me just under an hour to do 4 miles...I figure at that rate I will do the marathon in what 3 1/2 hours? Great...oh wait I was just informed there are like hills and junk...so maybe more like 4 or 5 hours....if I don't die first because my lungs are jacked up or something. At least I have 3 months, hopefully in 3 months I will at least be able to run a mile....right? BUT having said all that my butt as been at the gym every day this past week except for Wednesday (hurt neck) and Saturday (too much going on). I may have to skip out tomorrow as I have a maternity session to do with my friend or she may get me stinky. And the getting sweaty and hot and muscles achy really truly is a refreshing feeling....the not breathing thing sucks hard core but that may be par for the course and I just don't realize it because I am a totally novice with this whole exercising thing...as in I don't know what it should feel like. Sooo wish me luck over the next few months I sure as hell am going to need it.

1 comment:

Angie Morris said...

Girl you can do it! You are flipping awesome for even trying!!! GO RAE GO!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed