A month or so ago Boy1 informed me that if you were bad you would go to a "fiery place"...nice. I asked him where he heard that as it certainly wasn't from me--not to get into a religious post here but that's not my line of thinking--and he said a kid on the bus told him that. Ok so I explained it all to him and different beliefs people have etc. He's not sure what he thinks about the subject I don't think but I try very hard to let him get his feel for it on his own and leave my opinions out of it. However I am pretty sure poor Boy3 might be in the runnings for the fiery place after his word slippage today at his church preschool. So we are in the bathroom washing his hands and I tell him to stop with the soap because he's getting it all over the dispenser...he pulls his hand back looks at it and yells "Awww, DAMNIT!" I hush him and tell him not to say that although I know he's not sure what he shouldn't say...then it occurs to me that we are like in a CHURCH building. Wonderful. Way.to.go.kid. I think we should work on that, just maybe.
So I was on my way to the gym after dropping the boys off at preschool and am chit chatting on the phone (I know, I know...driver negligence) and out of my peripherals I see what I think is a weird looking dog bee-lining for the road. I freak, yell slam on the brakes and realize it's a red dog...fluffy tail with a white tip, small, pointy nose. Holy crap it's a FOX. Seriously the thing was freaking out...saw the road, probably it's life before it's eyes, spun a circle, and ran back the way it came...which for the record was next to someones house. What in the hell is a FOX doing running around like that....who knew we even had fox's around here...seriously I didn't. And who the hell almost hits one?! Are you kidding me. So weird things I have almost hit or have hit...tally 3. A horse (yes I almost hit a horse...and yes it was IN the road), I nailed a poor duck....looking like someone ripped open a feather pillow...that was messy, and now almost hit a fox. Serious oddness.
1 comment:
Are you sure that's all you've almost hit? There had to be some other things back in the day....on the way to the place or the alternate universe. :) Hehehehe!
Post a Comment