My friend Jen and I, went to lunch yesterday (at Moe's of course) and I personally had a great time. It's been a long time since I have gone alone to a meal with just one friend. And there is something nice about being able to just sit and chit chat with one person...now don't get me wrong I love our groupy night outs, LOVE them but it's nice to be able to get one on one from time to time. Plus J and I can carry on some good convo's. So we chatted for a couple hours or so and enjoyed the hot but not too hot day on the patio at Moe's (which btw has margarita's but since we had to do the kid pick up thing--we could not par-take boo). Right so as we were leaving I commented about the decent breeze and then started going on about how I LOVE the wind, love the breeze rushing around my face, picking my hair up and just blowing around me. It's one of the best feelings to me. Love opening the door and getting hit with an awesome blast of air. So that's a normal thing to like I guess but I think my liking is a bit stronger than normal, so I started on about the other weird little things I like. Little things and I wonder if other people have those same random little simple things they like...I image they do but just don't even realize it. For example...I love the sound of gravel crunching under my feet, especially if I have on tennies. And not just regular gravel a quite specific type...the smaller crunchier stuff. The sound of leaves crunching. I like the sound of the vacuum sucking up dirt the sound of it rattling thru the hose. I like to sit with a blanket snuggle up to my face and have done this since I was a kid. and a random thing I don't like...I can't stand the way paper towels or napkins sound when you rip them. I love being able to walk around barefoot. I love sitting here in my office listening to the crickets and frogs out in the woods behind our house. The window up here is open nearly 24/7 and at night it's all I hear is their "song" and it really is. It's weird listening to it actually because it really does have rythm and I wonder what it means. Each chirp...or course at times it's just about annoying. I guess my point is that I am glad that despite how busy I feel and stressed I am that I can stop and say that I have at least noticed these little random things about myself and my "world"...these off the wall little tiny simple things that are in my daily life that many times would go unnoticed, but I noticed.
Now of course the big stuff is what I don't notice...like the car in the driveway, maybe I need to broaden my thinking or something.
But yeah anyway...
1 comment:
LOL, Again..love the randomness. And I had an awesome time too! We should definitely partake in those margaritas sometime too...mmmmm.
Post a Comment