This morning I tried to get the baby in his bed--no go. Robert tried...no go. He cried loudly and woke everyone up. Blissful coffee...no go. So we were all up and going early this morning, which was good because Nolan had a dirty diaper that required bathing. So our hectic morning got more hectic....but yet it happened on a morning that had plenty of time. So really...and this is how I try to look at things like this...really it was fine. We had time to get him cleaned up and the boys were helpful and ready to go. So a crazy start to our day sure but at the same time there wasn't a better morning for such things to happen. Now let's hope the diaper was a fluke (he seriously never has that happen) and not a upset tummy!
I am no expert but I really try to keep things in perspective when things just get no good. Woe is me never helps and after a good bitch fest I am typically able to go ok...really? We are good...my dad once fussed at me for saying something along the lines of "Of course this happened to me..." and while I don't really have a advice giving relationship with my dad...on this one he is right. Basically he said don't say that and throw yourself a pity party...things happen, it's life, and it is just how it is. It isn't that it happened to me....as if the universe is out to get me. It happens. Now sometimes all of that is easier said than done and we just need to feel sorry for ourselves from time to time...it happens.
But today I am glad we all woke up early and had time. I am however not glad that I can't get Nolan into his bed to sleep...so there's that. But...because there's always a but...I do really like snuggling with this sweet {not sleeping} baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment