I haven't been here much lately...with baseball and soccer and all things..life. The blog is not happening much there days. Not that I wouldn't like to sit and hammer out a few hey how are ya's...but on top of all of that Nolan isn't much for just hanging out while I do my thing while on the computer. Or rather he is but then I find him turning up floor cleaner like he's in a bar or munching on paper like he wasn't just fed 20 minutes ago or testing out the theories of electricity on his fingers via the outlets in the wall. Needless to say the boy is busy...and it's wonderful. Really...don't take the above as negative because watching him explore is just cool...albeit exhausting at times. He took his first few steps a month ago and basically took a hiatus from that since but in the last week or so he has stepped up his game and is getting braver and braver. He's almost 1 and that's amazing. Part of me wants to be sad but the truth is I, at least right now, am not sad--I am in awe and that a full year has gone by and love that we are fast approaching my favoritist of ages. Toddler hood, the most trying at times but oh how I love a toddler...with their emerging personality and tiny little voice and curiosity. Even the fits of the bizarrist of things...good times, I promise.
And one is SUCH a milestone...that first year. Gone are the sleepless nights {in theory} the newborn worries and the baby blues. And you are left with this little toddling baby full of wonder and curiosity and happy. With each of my boys first birthdays (and honestly every birthday) I got the urge to fist pump the air and shout we made it. That first year is full of so much, so much good and so much not so fun but just so much that I think an audible sigh is warranted--and yet those sweet baby days are gone. Though truth be told I don't miss those when they are gone--at least not terribly. I gobble up every once of those babies that when they are gone I know I enjoyed them to the very last drop. Sure there are moments that I miss....that first moment that you look at that sweet face, those little sweet sleepy snuggles, first milestones...though I imagine I might feel differently in 10 years. For now I am living it up with this snuggly baby who is fast approaching his very 1st birthday and keeping us busy enjoying every last bit of him.
And my 6 year old...fast approaching 7 and the losing of his first tooth. My 8 year old who is closer to 9 than I can believe and is as feisty as ever. And my oldest guy...who is 10 going on 32 and is my pal and my helper and the neatest 10 year old I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment