Saturday it nearly hit 80 and yesterday and today it barely hit 60....our bodies are in shock and are saying "Hot dog...it's COLD!". We bundled up for baseball tonight in jackets and hoods and still were cold. This is cold enough for me personally, at the start of fall I am all "YAY winter"...and then it hits and I quickly remember why I am positive I would never survive living any further north (aside from TN of course). I like a good snow but then I am good to go....bring back my sunshine and warmth!
I am up to my rerranging antics again, I am wondering if this is seasonal thing for me...temperatures change and I need to change things up in the house....ready the house and furniture for fall? I moved the boys rooms around a bit. Jakeb requested no more bunk beds and I agree it looks better with out the clutter in his little room. Today I struck in the "hearth/toy room" and moved the chair from one corner to the other until it finally landed in the same corner it resided in 6 months ago...back to it's apparent "winter" location. Our living spaces down stairs are not very smart--we have very little space to properly put furniture so I am always moving things around trying to find the best fit. Though honestly even if it was a perfect layout I would still change things up a bit--because it's fun and keeps things new and different.
Nolan is snoozing beside me as I type--he totally should be in his bed but well he's not and I am not sure how to make that happen. I talk a big game all day long and then night falls and I am tired and he wakes up and I just bring him here because it's easy and he's warm and snuggly and cute. And then morning rolls around and I am mad at myself for not getting a good nights sleep again...and then I remember that I am pretty sure I won't stay mad at myself for snuggling this baby for longer than I should in our bed forever, so we just go with it. Saturday Zachary helped another soccer team out by playing goalie--I didn't go because well I just didn't...I wanted to watch him play of course but had the other boys and we had been at a birthday party and I just was ready to be at home...so I went home with them...and darn if I didn't miss the "play of a lifetime" for Zachary. He often plays goalie and has a mean punt--apparently the kid kicked the ball from his goal all the way to the other goal, thus scoring the only point for their team. I reminded him he isn't allowed to do awesome neat things like that when I am not at the game. He was in big trouble for that...or not.
Jakeb told me today that Robert inspires him...later he revised this statement to let me know that he inspires him in sports and things like that and that I inspire him in other things. He was worried he hurt my feelings....he inspires me.
And also Nolan turned 11 months old today and I will hopefully discuss this tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment