1. We are down to one car for the time being....it's oddly comforting knowing I just flat out can't leave. So the tempted trips to the store or out for lunch just aren't there. However if there was an emergency--I can't leave. That makes me nervous a bit.
2. All the boys are back to school this week--I am glad for that.
3. Breakfast this morning consisted of homemade oatmeal (as in not instant packages--not like I grew the oats..) Zachary opted for Strawberries in his and Jakeb some apples and cinnamon. All 3 had some brown sugar and a dash of maple syrup--Gavin opted OUT of the fruit. I still am impressed with their choices.
4. Food is an ever changing "issue" in our house....for everyone involved. We eat food away from home much too much and while candy isn't a large issue for 4 out of the 6 people in this house (myself included) we don't eat the variety we should be eating in the fruit/vegetable arena. Soda's are consumed much too often for 2 of the 6 people in our house (myself included) and while we don't eat horrible we certainly don't eat great.
5. By don't eat horrible I mean we don't have chips and cookies and candy and ice cream and just junk falling out of the cabinets--but the produce isn't either.
6. I have cut my coffee to half decaf/half caffeine...I see no difference but I feel better knowing I am not downing multiple cups of caffeine a day. I don't feel guilty having 2 cups of coffee in the morning. Which if I wasn't nursing I probably wouldn't--but I am sure it is better that I don't have too much anyway.
7. Gavin boys birthday is in 7 days. Wowza!
8. We...er *I* have decided to revisit the birthday party decision We...er *I* made a few years ago. Instead of birthday parties ceasing to exist after age 5 we are moving to a every other year arrangement--after age 5. I felt weird and guilty-ish not having a "party" for the big boys this year....
9. Parties were pretty non existent for me as a kid and while I am no worse for the wear and really think nothing of it I think I like doing the whole party fiasco for the boysies.
10. Sunday we hit up a random park and I laid out a blanket and hung out with Nolan with the 4 big boys played soccer. It was perfect.
11. I also have taken enough video and pictures on my iphone that it will not allow me to take anymore. Took me 2 months to fill the sucker up. Oops.
12. Along with approaching Gavin's birthday we are also speeding fast towards mine...5 days after his. Eek!
No comments:
Post a Comment