Monday, April 9, 2012

5 months.

The baby boy is rocking 5 months old now and I can't believe it's been 5 whole months since we were sitting in the hospital in aww with our newest addition.  Currently he's napping and I am of course watching the clock.  Two things I have realized--the baby boy is a cat napper and that's just how it is.  Every 1.5 hours maybe 2 he takes a nap for 30 minutes maybe 45.  It doesn't matter how we slice it dice it or arrange it.  I can rock him, hold him, ditch the paci, swing him, my bed, his bed, the car, no light, light, you name it that's just what he does.  However at night roughly around 8 he is down for the count asleep he is still waking once or twice just like his brothers did at this age but even in "waking" doesn't open his eyes.  He knows I am there and knows he will get fed quickly after just a wee bit of squirming and maybe a slight whimper.   So the guy naps 30-45 min between 4 and 5 times a day so he is still getting his "required" sleep time.  He almost always wakes up happy and smiley and as soon as he sees a face pop over the side of his crib he smiles a big opened mouth grin.  
At 5 months he is officially a sitter and officially a loud baby {and officially awake...haha}...He likes to yell and talk as loud as he can.  He has discovered his tongue and that his toes will reach to his mouth and he still thinks his hand is the best chew toy.   At 5 months he seems to be demonstrating to us that he has a temper and is starting to "get mad" before he cries.  He will arch his back and we can tell the difference between mad and sad.  He is a growler and so very obviously a boy with his sound making.  His hair is as wild as ever and I am going to resist cutting it for as long as possible because Hello...he's a baby!
He seems to be getting attached to his swaddle blankets, though we no longer swaddle him.  He can often be found with one on his face after a nap or when he should be napping...he tosses them up there and pants and kicks his feet and then is all smiles when you pull it back.  I can't decide if this is a game or an accident.  Maybe a little of both.  He still radiates excitement thru his entire body and shakes and shakes with happy.  He has had an apple slice and a strawberry to "suck" on for a few seconds and seems to be interested in food though I am not ready to officially start feeding him.  So he has yet to actually have food yet but certainly seems almost ready for it.  I think we will start with banana.  He is still nursing and gaining great so I am in no rush.
We have started calling him velcro baby this past week as he would much prefer to be held than to sit in any of the many contraptions we have for him.  He will however bounce his heart out in the jumperoo from time to time and now that he sits he will play with toys on his Einstein mat for a little bit.   His laughs are a bit harder to get but he still laughs often and is just a very happy very busy baby boy.
He has everyone in this house wrapped around his finger and we are enjoying every second of him.  We soak up his happy and smiley self.   Can't believe we are on our way to half a year old already...













No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed