Monday, April 16, 2012

Cha-ching.

That's pretty much Gavin's theme song right now.  That and "Money, money, money...MONEY!" because kiddo is all about <s>obsessed</s> with money right now.  Like drop a coin on the counter and it's gone or he is sprinting in from the other room all "What was that?".   Also poor guy is home again dealing with wheezing lungs.  Good times for the almost 6 year old.  Who also is requesting all sorts of things for his birthday but most of all...just money.
I think Nolan is working on sprouting some teeth but when I look I see nothing but the growling, fist shoving into his mouth, drooling-ness tells me otherwise--we shall see I s'pose.  I am not one to start shouting "oh he's teething" because that seems to be the "excuse" for all ailments that are baby.  But all points point teeth.
I made homemade granola bars this weekend that we all think are yummy with the exception of Jakeb.  Who deemed them delicious until today when he took one to school for snack...of course someone has to not like them.  Grr.  They are crazy easy and darn tasty.  Also whipped up another batch of Pumpkin muffins which are always a favorite.  Working on making more snacks and buying less prepackaged overpriced crap filled easy street snacks.  Week 2 of it and it's worth it just to type "I made homemade granola bars..." mmmhmm so I think the trend shall continue.  The feeling of self accomplishment is motivation for me.
Nothing to speak of on the adoption front.  We are just twiddling our thumbs and waiting...which is odd.  Not the twiddling of thumbs because we aren't really just doing that...but the just waiting.  Because we are just waiting for Nolan to get older.  But at the same time not wanting him to but wanting him to but not.  But agghh what a confusion.  I wish the trips were easier and we could bring the little growling boy with us but that's not feasible so we wait and twiddle but not really.  Which is also hard because while we wait for this guy to get older so we can leave him and it not be so hard on him and us "our little one" way across the ocean is also getting older with no one to love on him/her yet.  So that's a conflicting emotion going on for sure.  One we try not to dwell on--the other factor is of course funds.  We need more funds and more time to get to that point both thru raising and saving.  So that's that and a bit more concrete than waiting for the baby to get older.
That's all I can think to ramble on about this Monday....or rather I could continue but nothing is striking my fancy other than what I have already said.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed