Monday, April 23, 2012

Blowing Away.

It's crazy windy outside today--and chilly!   Nolan is snoozing [briefly] and I am seeing what I can accomplish in the mere minutes that I have--likely this post will be it.  
My motivation seems to come in spurts which is good because one week I seem to have it and the next 2 {3} I don't.  I think the toilets are mostly free of urine and the sinks are mostly not growing anything so we are still good to go.  
I busted open an avocado for Nolan today--which by the way requires no busting open but rather some easy peasy peeling I used a knife but maybe you don't have to do that--I don't know I have actually never actually purchased an avocado for my own personal consumption.  Growing up we did the traditional fruits apples, bananas, grapes and the like.   Exotic fruit--exotic anything--was not eaten.  Avocado is really softer than a banana and a great first baby food so he got a few finger tip tastes today.  I bought it at the end of last week and while I waffle back and forth about giving it to him it's quickly going bad so instead of letting it sit there and rot while I make my mind up about venturing down the solid food path with the 5 and a half month old boy, I decided I would at least cut it and mash it and freeze it.   So cut it and mash it I did and it's now residing in the freezer.  I did let the 5 and half moth old baby boy have some samplings from my finger tip.  His reaction was both eager and gagging at the same time.  So he's about as ready as any baby whose never actually had food in his mouth would be.  Why I am waffling is silly all 3 of his big brothers got food at roughly this age.  However A)he's likely the last tiny baby we will have and B) "they" say to wait until 6 months C) despite his every 3 hour eating nearly around the clock he seems to be doing just fine.  On the flip side try food with a baby is A) fun B) he's obviously totally into food and meets all the ready for food milestones "they" suggest C) he's done nearly everything pretty darn early so being ready for food would likely be the same.   But then I read things like a babies intestines are ready to do what they do for solid foods around 6 months--so agh what if I ruin his intestines for life because he got food at 5 and a half months instead of 6 or maybe it's 8?   See why the conundrum?   No?  Right that's because it's silliness really...I keep reminding myself this.   Being a mother is a lot of mental work.  A lot.  Especially if you are an over-thinker like yours truly.  
I have managed to get this post hammered out and the bus just rolled by...the middle big boys will be home momentarily.  The biggest of the big ones is spending the afternoon with a friend.   It's much too windy for them to hit up the back yard--100 ft trees are not good friends on windy days!
The 5 and half month old baby boy--has now awoken from his slumber so this is in fact all I managed in his brief nap.
Enjoy your {windy} day!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed