Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Really?

Would you believe it if I tell you all 3 boys +1 came down with the flu again. And not just any flu but the same type of flu they had in January. Just a different strand. Type A...flu but different strand. I am beginning to doubt my decision to skip the flu vaccine. Drs. basically think I am crazy-ish for not doing the flu vaccine. I on the other hand just have a feeling to skip it...so we skip it. And instead get struck by the flu twice. However....the first time was relatively mild and this go round even milder. As in Gavin and Jakeb were better in 2 days. And Zachary was so barely ill it almost doesn't count. The bummer part of it all is that it was Jakeb's birthday weekend and his bff came to visit from TN and he got sick as well. He definitely seems to have gotten the brunt of it though and I hate that...because we invite him down and his parting gift is the flu. Not cool. In our defense we left to get him and came back to Gavin sick. Lovely. As for the vaccine...I am still not convinced the vaccine is the route we will take. I mean we can't vaccine against every darn thing. And the moderate research I have done leads me to feel that vaccinating every.single.year. may not be the best thing for us....but we'll see. Aside from that having 3 sick kids pretty much sucks...however it seems that this winter seems a little better than previous winters for us as far as illnesses go. We haven't really had colds floating around that linger forever. They have had a mild flu twice--get it, got it, and it's gone. And Jakeb and I have had strep once and again with that get it, got it, gone....pretty quick. Gavin's asthma seems to finally be managed well and I am hoping that by next fall/winter it will be even better under control. I am pretty much not a freak out about germs and I like to think that helps us build immune systems some how. Either way sickies are par for the course and I try to remember that. Suck as it may it is what it is.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed