A very rainy rainy day this day. One of the concepts Gavin has difficulty grasping these days is the understanding of the words: yesterday, today, tomorrow. And trying to explain that to him is difficult. So his way of improvising is to say "this day" for today. He will ask me something like, "Do I have school this day?" to which I will respond with "Yes, Gavin you have school today." and he will then respond with "This day?"...."Yes, today IS this day" and then the conversation goes round and round. I imagine he will eventually get it. His other funny that he proclaims lately....I am trying to be better about asking the boys to do things around the house. Put away the silverware from the dishwasher, let the dogs in/out, put their clothes away, feed the dogs, set the table, etc etc. Little things that are easy. Well Gavin will be around from time to time and gets asked to do such tasks, which always goes over um...splendidly. Typically something like this: Me: "Gavin can you go get 5 napkins and put them on the table for everyone please..." Gavin: "uggghhh I don't want to..." Me: "Gavin please it's very easy and will take you 5 seconds..." Gavin: "grrrr, grumble, mumble, stomp" Me: "right now Gavin" Gavin: *chirp*chirp* Me: "NOW!!" Gavin: "....uuuuggghhhh I have to do EVERYTHING!!!!" Me: "oh.my.goodness.are.you.kidding.me....don't talk to me that way sir. *giggle*giggle*" That boy is a character for sure. It's funny as he gets older I am seeing more of his personality emerge. It always has been there but wasn't as easy to detect as his brothers were. Many of his traits we often assumed were toddler phases he was going thru but now that he's older those things are more "refined" and less all over the map and easier to see as him. He's a funny boy--and cute as a button. And very excited to be a big brother. Whenever that may be....ho hum.
Waiting, waiting, waiting!
No comments:
Post a Comment