
Today Jakeb is 9. My oldest boy was born 9 years ago today---roughly 12 hours from now at 11:51p.m. At the time he was born the hospital we were at had a little "special" that they would do for "Thursday's Baby" and whichever baby was born first each Thursday was shown during the news. We tell Jakeb he was 9 minutes away from his TV debut. At 7lbs 9oz and with a head full of dark hair he made Robert and I parents for the very first time. We have stumbled along and somehow managed to end up with one awesome 9 year old little dude. And we are both insanely jealous of his awesome hair. Jakeb is my helper...he loves a routine and knows his. A friend recently asked me how I manage to keep up with their school work and things that are due and after I thought for a minute I realized it certainly helps that Jakeb is so on top of things. He comes in and does his homework without being told and reminds me of various things I may have otherwise let slip my mind. At 9 he is incredibly responsible and might just melt my heart when he proclaims that he loves organizing his toys. Granted this is rarely done but he sure appreciates it when it is and that is good enough for me. He is a incredible big brother and is stoked to be a big brother again...whenever that may be. He watches after his brothers and stands up for them. Now there are certainly times when being the oldest is hard work but he takes it in stride. He is finding his niche in soccer and absolutely loving playing and getting better.
Today on his 9th birthday he is sick with the flu. We are bummed as we had plans of trekking downtown to the museum and treating him to smoothies and pizza. This will have to wait until next weekend. It's a bummer being sick on your birthday but Jakey Badakey is hanging in there and enjoying lego building in between resting on the couch.
I am so amazed by this
No comments:
Post a Comment