Tuesday, March 8, 2011

12 on a Tuesday

1. The boys are outside playing....on this cloudy chilly day....it's not snowing and the water isn't frozen for that I am thankful. But a few degrees warmer would be oh so nice.

2. We installed an invisible fence for the dogs a few weeks ago. Amazing...wishing we had done this sooner. No more worry of dogs running away--or at least less of a worry. For 10 years of dog ownership we have chased down Bailey or dealt with him running away...no more!

3. Maddie (our 3 year old Boxer) however did manage to rip the shocker box off her collar the other day. Smart girl. Smart, frustrating dog....

4. I did my 2 miles on the treadmill today. And I am still Dr. P free. Though I will say today I have been craving it a bit more!

5. In the past 2 weeks several of my friends parents have had some sort of life threatening event--it's scary to realize we are getting to that point in our lives. Where our parents are older....take care of yourself parents!

6. I bought new laundry sorters (same style but not exactly the same) for the house a couple months ago and they are the best things EVER. We had a sorter before but for whatever reason didn't actually sort the clothes. Now we do and with these all I have to do is grab a bag when it's full--which is the size of a full load--and dump it in the wash. So much easier.

7. I bought 3. Not at the same time though--the first one I bought for Robert and I because ours broke but I loved it so much, I went back and bought another for us. And eventually one more for the boys.

8. Did you know that with proper medicines a person/child/baby with HIV can live a long and happy life--and live a normal life span. Didn't know that? Me either--until recently. Read more here! It's awesome how far medicine has come.

9. Did you also know that there are adoptable children all over the world who are HIV+ and don't have parents because of miseducation and misguided fear? This is also true. Something I recently learned. In fact there was a clip on the Today Show recently about just that.

10. Eating less junk is hard....I said that already but it is!

11. Oh! I have been doing the crazy coupon thing--well a lazy modified version and it's nice seeing the savings add up!

12. The boys have their first soccer games this weekend. Pray it doesn't rain them out Again!

12 1/2. ---I checked on the kids 3 times while writing this post....

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed