The summer was busy--the move, the visitors, the back and forth, new state, new house, new bugs, new everything. The start to the school year has been no different--we have the baby here. Who we are growing attached to and her to us. The boys taught her to clap today and she finally figured out "I'm gonna get you!" and squeals as she runs away. Before she would look at us bewildered. She's healthier and I like to think happier. It's hard having her here...the extra person, extra time but it will be harder for her to leave I think. But she will. Maybe next week, maybe not.
Robert bought a chain saw today and chop chopped some tree's--what a difference that made. In a few weeks the boys will be getting their playground they were promised years ago. I am just as excited as they are...I will plop my chair out there, grab a book or my neglected camera, and watch them play in the shade of our yard by the the stream, listening to their playing, and the breeze and the tiny trickle of the stream. Just in time for fall breezes and fall air. Bliss it will be.
I am reading a book and it says to think of the things that make you happy--and I know immediately what they are...so simple things. Cooking dinner for my family--a real dinner, turning on my iPod while I piddle around the house instantly soothes me, walking away from the computer to play a game with my boysies, putting away the last piece of laundry, making lunches the night before, showering before I wake the boys up, reading a book in bed, giggling with Robert, listening to Robert giggle, chats with friends, chats with my brothers--actually calling my brother(s) even if I just leave a message....so many simple things, easy things that instantly give me the extra boost. Things I shouldn't forget. They are so important.
The hornets seem to have left the premises or have heard my pleas and are staying away--I actually sat on the deck yesterday evening for a little while and wasn't afraid. I relaxed. The cool weather is starting to roll in and it's very welcome.
Three colors have gone up on the walls and I am in love with them--fantastic is the look we are going for and so far so good! I rearranged the living room today and I think I like the openness it gave. I also finally pulled the table out and took it apart and slapped some spray paint on it. A dog we had years ago chewed up a corner (3 days after we got it), and then Maddie added her touch. It occurred (I finally know how to spell that word, thanks to 3rd grade spelling tests) to me that instead of buying a new table I could maybe sand it some and paint it--couldn't make it worse so I gave it a try. So far so good but we will see how it looks in the room. I painted it a cream color and put silver on the legs, not crazy about the silver and I may go with something different. It was dark brown with pewter type legs...a seriously heavy table.
So there is movement forward finally and that makes me happy. The go go that has been our weekends has worn us out and left us unable to focus here, glad to have a weekend to do just that.
No comments:
Post a Comment