Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cry Baby

We have had a busy weekend, lots accomplished, yet lots to do. Namely laundry, bleh. Folding laundry is my nemesis. I loathe folding laundry, lucky for me I have a husband that knows this and helps me quite often.
Today we ventured to the Fernbank again, Robert didn't get to go with us last time and we didn't stay very long when we did go. So we spent the afternoon there and it was nice. It's not a huge place and for the most part many of their exhibits could use some updating but it's neato none the less.
On the way home we stopped at Walmart to get the boys tennis rackets--despite our recent talks about how materialistic the boys are becomming. Grumble, grumble. We are often all talk. But I digress. Tennis rackets were purchased. Before we got to Walmart the boys heard Robert and I in the front teasing each other (really me pestering him as I often do) and thought they should join in. Someone had the ingenious idea to tell them they had to be on his team or they wouldn't get rackets...and proceeded to tell them to punch me in the head. Right wtf? But this was all in fun as it always is, so no worries I don't get beat up often. My sweet Jakeb proclaimed he would not do such a thing, however...however. Zachary and Gavin nearly leapt from their seats at the opportunity...Gavin got me first, I chuckled haha. Not funny don't do that again. Then Zachary got me. They were both told that's enough, someone was kidding. Hahaha. Not.Funny. Our middle child has some self control and listening issues going on always lately so he didn't hear the stop part of the conversation. And while I am fighting them off talking he reaches around and slaps me in the face. Like fo' real bitch slap to the cheek, slaps me. And what did I do? I started crying. Yep. Needless to say kid won't slap his mama no more.
Truth be told it didn't hurt that much...my feelings have been a bit raw lately and the whole my kids are ganging up on me thought ran thru me head and it was emotional overload. Because seriously they have seen me hurt the hell out of myself and nary a tear roll down my cheek.
Pretty sure Zman felt like the worst kid ever, since he hid behind the seats and wouldn't get out of the car without some pressure. We didn't even have to yell my crying was enough. But if he slaps me again he better hide.
All this and on Friday I was getting an Xray of my hand from his hard head hitting it 2 months ago. And really his head hit my hand...not my hand hitting his head. The looks when I tell that story are quite perplexed. I didn't even cry then. What? I can't be a bad ass all the time.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed