Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Pass the salt.

Dinner at our house is a nightly ahem*battle*ahem. Conversations go roughly like this...

"Jakeb sit down"

*loud burp*
"Zachary what do you say?"

"Jakeb sit down."

"Gavin take another bit."

"Mommy, mommy...mommy..."

"Please don't interupt I am trying to talk to Daddy"

"Jakeb please SIT down."

"Zachary how ya doin' over there?"
"Good can I have some of your food..."

"Gavin get back to the table"

"Jakeb put your milk down"
"and SIT down and take a bite"

"Gavin stop talking and take a bite"

"Daddy, Daddy, Daddy...."

"Gavin will you TAKE a bite"
"How many more bites do I have to take?"
"Well seeing as you have only had 1/2 of a bite I would say I can't answer that yet..."

"Jakeb put your milk down..."

"Can I have some water?"

Gavin TAKE A BITE"

"Jakeb SIT DOWN"

"Gavin get back in your seat"

"...Ok Jakeb 3 more bites..."

"Gavin eat"
"but HOW MANY bites..."
"Ok fine....6 bites..."
"how about 3"
"how about 8"
"no 3"
"no 6 or 8 you choose"
"TAKE A BITE!!"

by this point the dishes are done and I need a drink...yet there Gavin and usually Jakeb sit...er stand.

We have threatened Jakeb with duck tape on his seat...I threaten Gavin with the high chair. And Zachary well he eats, he's done...he moves on. He's not kidding around about the food. Jakeb and Gavin see it as a nuisance, unless of course it's milk, m&m's, or crackers.

4 comments:

Mommy of THREE little MONKEYS said...

Holy Moly! I need a drink after reading that! I cant believe you have to go through that! makes my "food" struggles seem very minor in comparison
good luck with those stubborn boys

Anonymous said...

Replace your kids names with my kids names and it sounds like our dinner table.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

That is what dinner at our house is like, but the little one likes to throw his plate when he is done and makes a huge mess.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed