One of my biggest points of 'mommy guilt' is that I don't stop what I am doing and sit down and play with my boys. We occasionally throw together a craft or I bust out the play dough. We frequently have tickle fests and chasing. Once in a blue moon I drag them thru a ruthless game of Trouble or Sorry....Zachary is the only one eager for this most of the time. But rarely do we sit down with a stack of toys. Now that they are older they are less interested in my version of play...which frequently ends with me suggesting we...Organize the toys!!! Yay, that's fun right? Who knew 8 and 6 year old little boys don't find organizing fun...they truly are missing out.
Gavin and I might sit down for a few and play trains...but mind you all of these moments are very few and far between. I much prefer to load them into the car and head out for a day of exploring...they prefer to stay home and play. And play they do...with each other. It amazes me really and reminds me that while I don't play with them as often as I would like, something else is happening. They are loving each other...they are building a wonderful bond...one that I hope they cherish as much as I do. Sure we have a handful of arguments but they are usually minor and we move on. They adore each other. And for that I have no guilt. They are amazingly close and they are happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment