Here in Georgia apparently there are gigantic beetles that live under things in peoples front yards. These gigantic beetles fit right in the palm of your hand and could possibly pass as a pet--but watch out they have claws for mouths and might eat your cat. Huge I tell you, HUGE. In a previous post you saw the centipede/millipede/holy crap I hope that isn't in my house bug we discovered at the park. We have fun spiders--not. Fun creepy crawly hair long things we find in the house. Wasps the size of Texas-- and have I mentioned I am so afraid of wasps I can't even move if I see one. That I scream like a 13 year old with Bieber-fever. Yes this is a problem for me. Yesterday morning I thought I would go enjoy my coffee on the deck while Maddie did her thing in the yard...um no. I sit take a sip and hear a suspicious sounding buzz. I freeze. I look down slowly and it has landed on my chair--I take a deep breath, remain calm I tell myself. Instead like a lunatic I scream, spill my coffee and run inside. Giant stinging things: 1, Rachel: 0. Five minutes ago I glanced out my window to my right--giant stinging thing was out there at the window daring me to come outside.
We ran some errands today. Me and the giggling trio. When we got home I let the dog outside, I stood on the deck...I heard a odd noise...I looked up...it was a squirrel chirping at me from the tree 10 ft away. Looking me in the eye. I screamed at it to go away. It chirped back. Jumped away and then I see and hear 2 others jumping closer. I tried to be brave, I did. Instead I hung my head in squirrel fear shame and slowly stepped back into the house. I am virtually positive that chirp was a warning and then a call for all of the other squirrels to show themselves and to let me know they will attack me. Death by squirrel, it could happen. As could death by giant stinging thing (which again made it's self known at my window 2 seconds ago) and most certainly death by giant beetle with fangs. I think I should just stay inside with the giggling trio for the summer. And I didn't even tell you about the mosquito's or the rabid raccoon. Georgia great outdoors: 97, Rachel: 1 (I get a point for hiking in the woods this weekend).
On a slightly less scary note our yet again broken upstairs A/C will be replaced with a brand new unit. It will be cause for celebration when we get the go ahead from the warranty company. If not I might package up the afor mentioned beetle and mail it to someone special *cough*previousowner*cough*

For idea of size--this is blury from my cell phone. That leaf is BIG. See the acorn up top--the acorn that is the normal size for a large beetle thingy. And note this guy is up a little and that part of it is in the needles. Trust me it was gargantuan
No comments:
Post a Comment