Monday, June 21, 2010

One


Occasionally I day dream about what it is like to have just 1 child...how easy it must be. No packing multiple bags, no lines for drinks, no swagger wagon...just easy. But then I think how much *I* would miss and how much that child would long for a sibling and know I wouldn't have it any other way...actually I would, I could toss a couple extra kiddo's in to the mix and just be peachy and happy.

This weekend I headed back to the 'boro minus 2 children. I snatched up the opportunity to spend some alone time with my "middle child" and I was so excited to get to! Excited for him to get some one on one time with ALL of his grandparents and the chance to just have one. Zachary was more than willing to go, and before we even had pulled out of the driveway he stated his concerns about leaving. About leaving behind his brothers. I know they missed him like crazy and he wanted to call and tell them something every other hour.

Zachary is an awesome kiddo. Fun and happy. Silly and sweet. He's not afraid to try new foods and new things and just is happy. If you need a pal to play a board game or go for a hike or learn about a new bug or animal he's your guy. If you want someone to try your new dish or listen to your new joke he's the man. If you need someone to teach you how to make the best under arm fart sounds, real farts, or loud burps Zman is the one to come to. Loud, boisterous, fun loving Zachary and I had a a great weekend. He's a funny guy and the flip to his funny silly side is quite serious and quiet but this is reserved for one on one time and teachers...90% of the time he's w.i.l.d. It was wonderful to get to spend the weekend with him and give him a break from being "the middle".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a great idea. I need to get some one on one time with Dillon. He sounds just how you described Zman.

Kim said...

These must be classic middle boy characteristics, because you just described Henry. Love the photo - he's so handsome!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed