and it is....29 years young spank you very much. My last year in my twenties....and I seriously do not feel I should be quite so close to "the big 3-0". Rather strange honestly. I don't feel nor look my age and I am not complaining! I would prefer to at least look 25 and not 18 but hey when I am 40 and look 25 I will be one happy chick--let's hope I continue to age slowly....one can hope right? I could drone on and on about this past year and blah blah blah...it's been as every year is a blur of wonderfulness and confusion all at once. But instead of boring you with such redundancies I will just say it's been a year! Things have been pretty smooth sailing and I am *knocking on wood* and thanking who I should for it, I can't complain, I am one lucky, happy chicky.
Today was spent pretty much as usual...boys off to school, popping in at Jakeb's school for a bit, lunch with a few friends, fits from Gavin (a day wouldn't be normal without them), dinner with my dad and bro, and home to bathe and read to the kiddies. We did get to see the sun for a bit this afternoon and that's become just about unusual the past few weeks so that was nice! Though I suppose it is spring in TN and that's what one would expect! Robert is in Jacksonville, FL and being ever so kind as to send me pictures of the beach...sweet isn't he? Jakeb and I are jonesing for some sand between our toes, salt in our hair, and sun on our backs...Gavin and Zachary are too but are not expressing it quite as often as my beach buddy and I are. Must.go.to.beach.soon.must.go.soon.
I need to brag on the Zman for a moment as he shocked me this morning...let me preface this by saying that when Jakeb started kindy last year he could barely count to 20 and fumbled around with the teens--which I know is pretty typical...he jumped to counting to 100 quite quickly. So anyway this morning Zachary asked me how I old I was --29--and then said he was going to count to 29. Which he proceeded to do...flew right past 29 onto 39 at which point he stumbled I said 40 and on he went, at 49 I said 50 and at 59 he said 60, 70, 80, 90. Counting by 10's. I said whoa hold up here you just counted by 10's!? So I stopped him shocked that he even counted to 40 to begin with...I then said 10 seeing if he picked up 20, he didn't so I then said 10, 20...and he followed with 30, 40, 50...all the way to 100!? Um excuse me...who taught him that!? I asked him if he learned that at preschool and asked his teachers and they said no they don't do that. He says he just knew it and practiced it in bed at night LOL. So I am thinking he's just picked it up from hearing Jakeb...smart boy!! Though after talking to Robert he tells me a few times in the car recently they have done it but only a few...either way Mr. Smarty pants! Counting by 10's is a no brainer but Jakeb just learned that this year in 1st grade (or maybe late kindy) hence my surprise. Sorry for the run on brag but I tend to ramble my stories with every flipping unecessary detail...I know I do it...I try to shorten it but I just can't, I like details...deal with it. LOL.
I hope everyone has thoroughly enjoyed this day of my birth.
2 comments:
I hope you had a fabulous birthday and mother's day! :)
Happy belated birthday!! I hope you had a great day!
Post a Comment