Monday, May 11, 2009

Sniff, cough, sneeze...repeat

Ugh, colds are no fuN! I haven't had a full blown cold in quite some time so this is maddening! I actually had to reschedule a session I had tomorrow because of the sniffles I have...figured it would be in bad taste to drip snot on someones 2 month old. Ewww!
I did manage to get my booty back to the gym today so that's good! I didnt' stay as long as I intially planned but I did go.
Yesterday was Mother's Day...which marks my 8th Mothers Day of actually being a mother...wow. We had a really nice day. Each year we typically all get together with Robert's family and my mom and bro to celebrate my bday, my bro's bday, Robert's bro's bday, Mother's day and now Gavin's bday. Lots to celebrate from both sides so it just works out well to make that the yearly get together. We always have a nice time visiting too. My mom and I went shopping for a bit yesterday and I got a new dress...it's lovely I promise. The boys made me super sweet cards...well Gavin apparently refused to but that's ok he is only 3 after all. Jakeb's said "Happy Mothers Day, you are the best girl I have ever seen in my live" and on the back "You rock my harte" how flipping sweet is that!? Zachary drew pictures of all of us on his complete with spiked hair for all of them and Robert helped him write Happy Mother's Day. Sweet sweet boys!

Some new Gavin funnies to mention from this past week...when I had surgery my mom stayed a night with me to help out because Robert was gone. Gavin apparently was doing something naughty because I heard her tell him to stop it and then kind of "pop him" on the booty to get his attention (not a spanking just a swat I guess). 5 seconds later he comes to the top of the stairs..."Mommy, Grandma spanked me...her a BRAT!!" He of course got scolded for calling grandma a brat but we about died. Apparently he's heard that term a few times too many. Then yesterday he and I were playing with Robert, chasing him around and what not and we stopped in the hallway and he says to me..."beat him!...beat hims a$$!!" Again we about died, seriously I can honestly say we never say that to them, I swear! Seriously that kid has a sailor mouth on him at 3...he is something else, way to big for "his britches". Today he told me he was fine to jump on the trampoline with the big kids because "I'm bigger, I ok I'm stronger" Um no buddy you aren't. He's still a peanut. At his 3 year check up he was 28lbs 36 1/2 in. And puts him in the 15th and 25th percentiles... Which means that 75% of kids his age are taller than him and 85% weigh more than he does! Honestly I would be more surprised if we had big kids...so he is no surprise but cute!

2 comments:

NICK, ANGIE, SAM, AND DREW said...

Hahaha!!! Thanks for the laughs today....that Gavin.:)

Kim said...

HILARIOUS! Henry told Jack this morning, "If you don't stop touching mine head, I'm gonna beat your ass little baby!" WHAT?! We don't say that!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed