So my Zman is now officially a elementary schoolian (yes I am pretty sure this is NOT a word but hush). In just a few short months he will begin his school years...and I must say every time I think about it my stomach flip flops. A few months ago I stated I was ready to have him start school...um yeah not so much. What in the world are Gavin and I going to do all day?? What in the world is HE going to do all day...without me with him...watching him. Whew.. be still my heart. He's so super excited to be with his big brother at school...as is his big brother. They are tickled pink to be on the bus together and Jakeb informed me the other day that he is going to tell the bus driver that he has to sit with his brother. Have I mentioned how awesome they are together?? The bond they have rocks my world. Anyway Zachary is thrilled and honestly I am for him but I am very nervous about the whole event as well. He will do wonderful...my grandmother sent a book up from Florida for him that she had found and it's PERFECT for him. It's full of short 3, 4, and 5 letter words. And he is SUPER proud of himself for reading so many of them on his own. And I must say I am too...the hardest time I had with Jakeb when it came to teaching him early reading was the blending, but Zachary seems to have gotten it already. It's amazing what he has picked up on his own just by overhearing us and Jakeb.
So this past Tuesday he had his very last day of preschool...ever. And on Thursday evening they had a little graduation ceremony for them. It was super cute and despite the scowl on his face most of the event he did great. He's not much for getting up in front of people and apparently the light was directly in his eyes because his eyes are squinty the whole time. Every once in a while he would shrug and huff thoroughly done with the whole charade. It was super cute.
Here are a few snaps from the evening...


He is the one in the middle with his hat over his face...

Not too squinty here...

No comments:
Post a Comment