Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Year 2 down...

Jakeb just finished his very last day of 1st grade...he seems pretty unphased by the event. We go on Friday to snag his report card and that.is.it. I am thrilled to see summer upon us...I know back in February I didn't think it would ever come. I just turned off my alarm on the cell...I will no longer get up at 5:45 to an alarm to drag myself up to make sure Jakeb is getting up---speaking of he for the past month has gotten up to his alarm on his own, I set it and it plays his CD and he turns it off, gets up, gets dressed, and makes his bed. How awesome is that!? We can lounge around in the mornings...ahh. Granted all this also means I get no break from the kiddies but I think we can deal. Jakeb's 1st grade year has been great as far as I can tell. He is reading VERY well....according to his AR tests he's on a 3rd grade level...however he fell behind on his testing at the first of the year so I would imagine him to be A LOT higher. He can read just about any word you give him. It blows me away what he is able to read. He struggled a few times in his math but picked those back up...he wants to rush thru everything. His newest passion has been drawing and art...and I am tickled pink about it. I can't draw a lick, I love that he is so into it. Seriously he sits down AT LEAST once a day just to draw. He brought a picture how for me today of what appears to be a city scene...quite detailed... It kinda rocks in my opinion. I really just love to see that he has gotten into a hobby of sorts. I need to scan some of his drawings to post here. So he's onto year 3 of elementary school...2nd grade. I am anxious to see how he does, I know it will be great!


Here are HIS "birthday portraits" for his 7th birthday...these were taken this past Sunday...


IMG_6716BLOG



IMG_6717BLOG


He loved doing the jumping shots...kept asking for one more lol


IMG_6677BLOG


IMG_6759BWBLOG

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed