Started with surgery on Monday...then Tuesday learn the boys have strep, Wednesday learn Gavin has an ear infection and I have strep. Thursday went on a field trip with Jakeb's school. Friday well....start worrying about my dad...again. Saturday Gavin's birthday!!! AND we have to put our cat...Catty... to sleep. :-( Yes, Catty is an odd name but Jakeb named her when we got her, 2 1/2 years ago. She was a seriously sweet, sweet cat. Kids could pull on her and tug on her and she would never scratch or bite them but would just get up and move but loved to be near them. She would often wake us up bright and early in the morning...like 4:30 LOL, to go outside. When we first got the cats I did NOT want them to go outside at all. But they wanted to so bad so I started letting them, at first Catty stuck pretty close and never went far but over the past year or so she has become quite adventerous and would sometimes be out all night. I noticed on Friday that I hadn't seen her all day long and that wasn't like her especially since it rained hard ALL day Friday. So I knew something was wrong. She came back Saturday and Robert said she was just laying in the yard crying...in the rain. So we rushed her to the vet. And ultimately had to put her to sleep. She had contracted cytauxzoonosis from a blasted tick. We are usually very good about treating them for ticks and fleas but I just haven't had a chance to get the treatments this year and they don't need it during the winter. I feel AWFUL. Though they told us even with the treatments it could have happenend but still. She looked horrible, head shaky and her skin was so yellow, it was awful. They said it moves so quickly and that's probably why she hadn't come home, she was sick. The boys don't know yet but I think they will be ok. 
On a good note today is Gavin's birthday party! He's having it at the "bounce place" and is SUPER excited. I will do a little birthday post for him in a day or 2. He had a great day yesterday!
No comments:
Post a Comment