Tuesday, May 12, 2009

School "drama"

Almost thru the 2nd year of elementary school and today Jakeb had his first...TWO visits to the nurse. About 11 today I get a call from the school nurse letting me know that she has seen Jakeb twice today. At this point I am thinking great he's sick again and I didn't catch it again and now I have sent him to school sick...again. But nope it's even better...I sent him to school with a TICK on him!!?! Um, yes I am mortified! My kids are clean and dressed rockin but I send him with a t-tiny tick on his arm! Way.to.go.mom. So not cool. At least he's not the dirty kid with a tick on him...that probably would bode negatively for me...geesh. Right so first visit: Tick removal--check. 2nd visit...follow up to tooth extraction that occured on the playground. Yep, he got a tooth knocked out! Apparently he and another kid were rough playing (the other kid was swinging Jakeb around) and they side swiped another kids head with Jakeb's mouth causing his tooth to pop out. His teacher thought he hit the playground but Jakeb and the kid whose head he hit both told me that he hit the kids head...and the more I think about it the more that is more likely since the playground is metal and I think he would have more damage. I was only about 5 min away from the school so I popped in just to make sure he was a-ok and didn't need a dental visit and got the run down from everyone LOL. He was fine from both incidents but geesh 2 in one day...and from Jakeb no less! Yikes it just hit me that next year THE accident kid is going to be at school next year...all.day.long...I should probably warn them. I think my stomach just flip-flopped at the thought of him halfway supervised (no offense to teachers...he's only 3/4 supervised with me on playgrounds...) on playground equipment with other rowdy kids...seriously not a good combo. Zachary may have to wear a helmet to school next year...seriously.

1 comment:

Kim said...

What a day!! We've had a lot of ticks already this year. Like, more than we had all of last year. What's up with that?! Hope you and your clan are well!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed