well that's a stretch BUT I have been quite productive today around the ole' homestead. Which is typically pretty rare, don't get me wrong I maintain but doing much more is a hard task for me to focus on these days. So today I got a wild hair and decided to finally clean our windows and what not...not the glass but the track I guess it's called and technically I only did the ones downstairs but still that's 8 windows and the sills and the baseboards in the kitchen. I also mopped and vaccummed (anyone else still have issues spelling that word?) and dusted...all downstairs--which is my usual plan of attack--downstairs one day upstairs another. I managed also to keep the house tidy in the meantime and get the kids sheets/quilts washed AND got their closets cleaned out and went thru clothes. That's a lot in one day.
As if that wasn't enough I also managed some play time with Zachary...which is also a huge deal. I am not a player, I am just not and I know this. I have major mommy guilt about it but at the same time I have a serious problem making myself stop what I am doing and sit down to play with them. I prefer to watch and interact differently I guess, but I am working on it. But either way Zachary and I played a memory game together and then he wanted to do his "worksheets" (which is a big thing to me because Jakeb never wanted to and Zachary loves to!). So we did a few pages together and then talked about letters and what not. And by gholly the kid also knows what sound each letter makes...actually he has known this for quite a while now because last year when we would sit in the car line to get Jakeb we would do flash cards and he wouldn't know the letter by sight sometimes but if I said the sound he would get it. So right we talked about that and then I explained to him in a different way about words and the starting sounds and all night he's been popping them out to me! Like what does Ball start with? "B" What does Horse start with? "H" he sounds it out and then tells me the letter. Go Zachary!! I think he just one upped his brother who was not doing this at this age. And they were so cute tonight because Jakeb read him his AR book ("The Foot Book") and Zachary told me "I am learning from Jakeb!" awww. Gavin was um...interesting today. I think he's popping crazy pills...really I do. Sweet one minute and nutso crazy the next. I kid you not. cookoo. Not sure what happened to my sweet little blue eyed baby.
Robert is gone to Chicago...and is going to see my friend.without.me. I am going soon damnit. I love Chicago and I want someone fun to go kick it with and she is it...Chicago or not her and I have a blast together. She is one of the few people that I am a-ok being my super goofy super stupid super geeky self with because she is all of the above as well hehe. But instead Robert gets to kick with them...them being my friend and her fiance'...who I have yet to meet. What.the.hell? Right he meets him first, that's messed up. hehe.
So speaking of messed up...check out this line from one of the kids new books...."Then he popped a pickle in his puss. He slapped some glue all over his newfound bone and stuck it onto his model." tell me THAT's not messed up!! Robert read it to me last night...I about died. I read the book tonight and really when you read it all together it doesn't sound THAT bad...except the "pickle in his puss" I mean really there is just no way around that. Dirty vulgar. I swear we are not reading them stories from literotica. It's just one of the "Skippyjon Jones" books--which I love because I get to sing in a funny spanish accent and say things like..Pachycephalosaurus...or "Fossilitos', schmossilitos" really it's quite funny because I stumble thru the whole book. Anyway yeah...good books...bad line. hehe.
1 comment:
a pickle in his puss
WHAT! I agree MESSED UP!
Post a Comment