Sunday, September 21, 2008
Foggy Bottom
Yesterday a last minute decision was made to head our happy little fam out to Foggy Bottom to rent our happy little fam canoe's and hit the Harpeth River. We invited my dad along because we weren't sure how all 5 of us would fit into one canoe and being that I have only been canoeing one time we knew I shouldn't be tossed into one boat on my own much less with a kid or two as well. Granted I did seem to catch onto it pretty quickly on my one trip last year I surely did not and do not feel ok managing my own "ship". That and we knew my dad would probably love to come along with us. So we packed lunches, towels, drinks, changes of clothes, first aid kits, sunscreen, and bug spray and took off for the great outdoors! The Harpeth is a great place to go for families and beginner's because it is very calm and quite shallow thru most of the trip. Anyway the kids did WONDERFUL. My Dad and I took Gavin in our canoe and Robert had Jakeb and Zachary with him. Gavin sat right in front of me happy as could be the entire trip. And Jakeb and Zachary sat just like they should and did great! It went much better than we would have thought and there was no whining, no crying, no fighting, nothing....all smooth sailing. We had al lot of fun and will definitely be adding it to our list of things to do. I would LOVE to share photos with you from our trip...the boys first canoe trip, but lovely me who did BRING a camera did NOT think to make sure the good ole p&s had a darn memory card in it. So I pop it out to start snapping pics and get nothing, I was so upset :( We did manage a few with Robert's camera phone but we know how that looks...hopefully they will do. We will make more trips though so we will get pictures eventually!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Travis and I used to be canoing champs!...haha. We loved to go! Sounds like you had a blast! We'll be adding it to our list when Aid is a bit older, too!
How fun! When we went camping at fall creek falls Israel rented a canoe and I rented a paddle boat. The boys had fun and did better than i thought they would.
Post a Comment