Friday, October 29, 2010

I see you and you see me



Over the years of my life I have learned that I am a relatively observant person....well most of the time. Let's not talk about the time(s) I have backed into a car in our driveway that was behind my car....aside from that I am observant. Pretty much.
Today a saw a car at the bank...a SUV actually. No biggie I see cars all the time of course. BUT this car--er SUV made me do a double take because I was behind this specific car yesterday at a stop light 10 miles away. I know it was the same SUV because it had those little stick people figures on the back window. 4 little girls, a baby, and 2 dogs. I noticed because duh...that's like a lot of people and wow 4 girls and aww I wonder if the baby is a boy and wow 2 dogs too...they are crazy like we are. Cool. So I remembered the car...but seriously this is Atlanta area it's not like it's a tiny town, so it struck me as odd. Because hello same car 10 miles away. But it also made me think about all the other times I have had that happen. Like several times--not with this car but other cars. Both here and when we lived in TN. And then I thought about really how small the world can be and how I often see a person at one store, go to a next store and see them there too. And that's just the people I remember...how many more run a parallel life to me, at least some of the time. It's a lot to think about really. I don't know what it all means for me...or why I see these people multiple times thru a plethora of so many other people. It probably means nothing other than to show me that I am not alone and neither are they....no one is. But sometimes I want to walk up to them and say "hey so I saw you last week, and then again yesterday, and wow here you are again today...so am I crazy or does it just seem obvious that we should meet? Yes, your right I am probably just crazy but you have to admit so is this situation. Wait you didn't notice me...hmm ok well this is uncomfortable." So I have yet to walk up to one of these random strangers--because really that's just not my style, like at all. Though random note, most people do not believe me when I tell them I am crazy shy. No really I am I swear. Really. Anyway--I don't talk to strangers and I think that maybe I just notice people for whatever reason call it more observant. Probably something simple like I should really watch the road better instead of checking out the car next to me.
Pay attention...be observant. Does this happen to you?

(picture: sometime in 2009--please disregard dirty dishes on the counter and clean dishes in the sink ;) )

2 comments:

Heather Henderson said...

All the time, girl! All the time!

Mommy of THREE little MONKEYS said...

happens to me all the time! In fact I tell my husband how "unaware" of his surroundings he is. I wonder if it is a girl thing or maybe a mommy thing to be so aware of what is going on. but then again i remember being like this before children. oh well! let us all know when you get up the guts to talk to one of those strangers, we would all totally like to know how it goes. i could never ever approach a stranger like that!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed