Our final home study visit is next weekend. Once that report is completed we will be submit our I-800 to the US. I-800 is the paperwork requesting to adopt a foreign child. While we wait for that approval we work on gathering all of our paperwork for the Colombian Dossier. We have some of it already but will need our home study and our psych eval. We are scheduled for that this Thursday. Then we have to send all of that off for final "approval" that they are legit documents--and then provided everything is looking good it's off to Colombia it goes!
So provided it all goes like I think it will we should be submitting sometime between Feb-April, and then we wait. Once we receive our approval from Colombia we are looking at roughly 2 years...but it could be 6 months, it could be 18 months, it could be 3 years...just depends. Either way I am so excited I can't hardly stand it. But I am and I will. Though, I can't wait to bring those 2 little sweet "babies" home. Our age bracket is 2 siblings ages 0-59 months...or newborn to almost 5. Yay and more yay. The kids are stoked and I wish it wasn't so long but it is and it gives us plenty of time to get our "ducks in a row" before becoming a family of s-e-v-e-n. Awesomeness.
No comments:
Post a Comment