

Now truth be told Z gets in trouble at home frequently--but what he doesn't know is I often walk away laughing and giggling at what stunt he's tried to pull. Marveling at his creativity and thoughtfulness behind it...wondering how in the world did he think of that. Not just why. His wild side is ever prevalent on the home front...his love for throwing things, jumping on things, stomping, and just overall loudness has not decreased with age for Mr. Man. BUT it's all part of who he is and it's one fantastic package.

He's gotten old enough now that being bossed around by Jakeb just isn't going to fly...but his little brother isn't. So lately the days of endless hours of make believe and best buddiness with his big brother seem to have subsided--for now. Zachary is moving on to bigger and "better" things-- a mind of his own and for right now that is leaving him without a playmate at home often and that is hard for him. Gavin and Zachary have a love hate relationship--I still have faith that this will one day change. Such a challenge that can be some days. They poke and prod each other all day it seems. While Gavin thinks Jakeb hung the moon. Ho hum.
I hope we can work thru some of the emotions my sweet cuddle bug is struggling with right now. He's a fun loving happy guy and that's not showing as much lately. Being the middle man is hard but I hope we can remind him how awesome he is and that we really really know it. He's our fun guy, our happy go lucky, amazingly smart, smiley face, cuddle bug.
I have these two pictures of him in frames around the house and man how I miss that sweet chubby cheeked face toddler...could he get any cuter--oh wait he did! I love looking at these photos and seeing his sweet sweet little tiny boy face.
2 comments:
I always imagined the middle child to be the luckiest. They get to know what it feels like to be looked up to and to look up to an older sibling. The baby and the eldest don't get that. I think they grow up to be more empathetic. or least have the larger experience.
Look at those teeth! He's so cute.
Post a Comment