This past weekend was a crazy mess of business. We made at trek to Nashville for some visiting, photo taking, and furniture pickup. I had 4 sessions scattered around Nashville area to shot over the weekend as well as us having our own family pictures taken. Awesome.
We also had to swing by my grandparents house to pick up some items we had requested before the estate sale there this weekend. Wow. Not exactly sure where my emotions are with that--basically I am stuffing them. Shortly after the estate sale the property will be sold. Yes, sold. The property that has been my home for 30+ years will be gone--the house, the land, the pond, the barns. Sold. Robert and I were married there, 75% of my childhood was spent there...my memories of my grandparents are there, memories of playing all over that farm with my brothers--there. More stuffing on that for sure. Cool thing--it will be sold to Arrington Vineyards. They will now own just about all of my grandparents original property that the purchased 35 or so years ago. So that makes it a bit more tolerable. The sentimental side of me is upset but the practical side of me knows it's what has to happen. So that's that.
On the adoption front we are waiting on 1 form before sending in our final set of application docs to Gladney. We are halfway thru with our Home Study. Received all of our health docs yesterday and we both check out a-ok. Robert still needs to work on that cholesterol--just for the record mine is beyond perfect. Yes, Thank you very much. I still need to work on the ole diet--because that is for certain no where close to perfect. Though I am not aiming for perfect, just good would be nice.
Zachary seems to be doing a bit better. I talked to both Jakeb and Gavin--separately and it seems to have worked on their end of the issue. So good for them. Zachary has been having a hard time sleeping these days, not sure what's up with that other than he has always had some sleep struggles. Quite frustrating! I am not kidding around when it comes to bed time....8pm every night. 7:30 if I am really good. So to go up and find him awake at 10:15 (like he was last night) makes my blood boil. Yikes.
I am working on painting a "china cabinet" for our dining room--I found it on craigslist for a decent price so I am hoping it looks as great as I invision once it's all painted. Now we just need a dining room table set and a loveseat for the sunroom and we are good for a little while!
OH! Super exciting news for the kiddo's...their swingset FINALLY came in on Monday--the guys were out installing it Monday and the kids were SUPER excited to finally have it. So yay for that. 2 weeks turned to 4 not cool. But it's here.
No comments:
Post a Comment