Tuesday, June 3, 2008

You busy? I'm busy. We're all busy.

June!! Holy schmokes it's June! And June 3rd at that...
I am trying to slow down the busy bee train a bit and chill out about all the things I think NEED to be done pronto. It's nice that the boys are getting old enough to help out in the household "work" particulary cleaning up after themselves and each other. Their latest argument is "but I didnt' do that" my retort? "I didn't do 75% of the messes I clean up all day so do it anyway" LOL. I really am quite glad that they are old enough to say that to! I realized quite some time ago that I am a pretty neat and tidy person. However since having kids that has gone to crud of course. Problem is that my anal retentive ways are still pretty set in stone...so the toy clutter is enough to send me over the deep end. I think the past couple years I have managed to deal relatively well (Robert I am sure would argue otherwise) but I think I have gotten to a breaking point. Yet I still can't quite figure out what exactly to do about the issue at hand...clutter! I doubt that I will anytime in the next 16-20 years LOL. So in the mean time I am trying to declutter and destress as well as chill out about it...not exactly an easy task(s) to accomplish. Don't tell the kids but I hauled off a black bag of goodies to good will this past weekend hehe. I do wonder about those women who seem to manage it all...the house, the laundry, the kids, themselves. They seem to have endless hours in a day, I really don't think it's fair! Of course then I stop and realize they probably don't handle it all they just act well hehe.
We have been enjoying the weather and the kiddie pool in the back yard. I am sure the water company loves us this month (er summer). I may fall out when I get the bill...I sure hope water is cheaper than gas! Oh.MY.God. seriously it's costing me over 60 bucks to fill up my VAN...is that not ridiculous. I have never really been good about watching our gas or checking prices but I am really trying to be more aware of how much we are driving around and shopping around for better rates. Seriously--no lie--when I graduated high school and moved to this little ole' town gas was 75 CENTS! and that was only ten years ago! I could fill my little Honda up for 8buckeroo's. I have told my mom that and she doesn't believe me but really it's in my year book I have proof that it was that low. It's just nuts.
Well the boys were out by 8pm and my goal is to be in bed by 10:30...I stayed up entirely too late last night and am struggling now. ANd seeing that 10:30 is 21 minutes away I best be moving on now....HOpe everyone's June is rolling off to a good start!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed