We had a baseball filled day today. Zachary's started at 9am this morning...at his age they do not keep score or get outs so they just hit and run. The goal is to teach them the game at this point. Zachary did pretty good today, he wasn't feeling well yesterday and I think some of that might have been lingering around this morning still. He still just isn't sure about the running part yet...he loves to play and hates to run...not a good combo! But I am sure he will come around but the more I watch him the more I wonder if some of it is lingering around from his problems last year (for those who are just tuning in...hit up the October 07 archive). Anytime we have to run he gets upset and says he doesn't want to, I think it may be hard for him still and we will just have to keep encouraging him. They said he may have some lingering effects and things he will just learn to cope with over time. Guess only time will tell.
After baseball we headed home for some downtime and then this afternoon ran off to Jakeb's game. They played the Angel's...an undefeated team...who are still an undefeated team. LOL. Yep we got spanked...18-2. Those kids are dang good...I only saw one of their players hit off the tee, every other kid beamed it right into the grass. Our poor boys didn't have a chance. BUT our little ball player got one of the only 2 runs of the game AND got it without the tee AND made it to 3rd (and was then hit in). So go Jake! He and I practiced this past weekend hitting sans tee and he did pretty well (actually so well that he beamed me in the schnoz leaving me with a bruised and battered nose--way to watch the ball Mommy!) so I jumped on the chance to point out that maybe just maybe the reason he hit the ball today was because he practiced at home. Hopefully that will help encourage him to want to practice. He wants to play but is in tears every time we try to make him practice at home...which he needs to do. Next year he moves up to coach pitch ie no tee and so far he's only hit 2 times without the tee so he needs to practice! Either way we are having fun with it all! I never thought I would be sitting on the bleachers hootin' and hollerin' away but I sure do!
So Jakeb is officially a first grader! He had his last day of school on Wednesday. He is sure excited for summer time and honestly so am I. No more getting up at 6:30 and having to get him ready and lunch packed...now I can get up at 6:30 and "lounge" around hehe. I of course took pictures of him (and Zachary) on the first day(s) of school and thought it would be cute to compare the first day and last day...Jakeb on the first day of Kindergarten.
and Jakeb on the last day of Kindergarten.
and Zachary on his first day of Preschool...
and Zachary on the last day...
and these two are funny...both of Zachary...same days first and last...and it cracks me up that I got goofiness from him both times--unprovoked...typical of the Zman. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment