Monday, June 30, 2008

"It's Good to be Alive"

This is from my 6 year old. I took the boys to the park TWICE today and as we got in the car after our first trip Jakeb told me "It's good to be alive. I am glad everyone's alive." I told him yes, I was too and then wondered what prompted that. Funny he should say that I have been thinking the same things lately. I told Robert this past weekend that I don't want to die ever and have discovered I am not a big fan of death...in fact I think I have real issues with it. So yes Jakeb it IS VERY good to be alive and I am so thankful that he is and we all are. So very, very thankful.
And with that....we had an awesome day today! Well minus the uh nature call in the woods (yeah don't ask). We left this morning and ran a few errands...one of which was paying off a bill!! Yay for that anyday! We met up with Hope and her...now 3 kiddo's at the park and let the boys play for a bit. The weather today was very fall like, in the 80's with a perfect breeze. After playtime we hit up Moe's (and funny when you go to their website it opens with "Welcome to Moes!!") for lunch...which is our new fav YUM! We ate lunch on the patio and the boys were relatively well behaved. Well for 5 little boys eating lunch outside LOL. We then headed home for nap and Jakeb and Zachary hopped in the pool for all of 5 min, the water was chilly and to top that off the air was just too cold for them. While Gavin napped I realized I wasn't ready to be home and inside yet so, Jakeb and Zachary and I decided dinner at the park was a fabo idea! I wanted to run by Beesley Spay/Neuter Clinic so I could pay for Maddie's surgery so we hit up Barfield Park on that side of town afterwards. We ate dinner and the kiddo's played on the playground. One of my favorite things to do at Barfield (ok my favorite...because I mean really I am too big for the playground) is to walk on the trail they have there...the trail ends at what I think is Stones River and you can walk down to the water and walk around in the water. We had enough light left so we hit the trails...the boys aren't really big fans of trail walking just yet but I am bound and determined to get them to that point. I love it, I wish I was in better shape and well the kids were a bit older so we could do it more often. Anyway the trail was very nice I don't think we passed anyone on the way down, so nice and quietish. Another family did catch up to us as we go to the end, they also had 2 little boys and had come to catch tadpoles for their "nature study". Which I thought was a totally cool idea and told the boys we are so going back to copy them...I think tadpoles are super cool esp once you can see their little frog legs developing! So we looked at all the little creatures and threw some rocks and headed back. I must brag on Jakeb a bit because he has gotten to be quite the bug man lately. This child who seriously 3 months ago was huddled in the corner screaming bloody murder because a fly was flying around the light, has now started catching grasshoppers and roly poly's...that is HUGE, something I never imagined he would do. And to give credit where credit is do, Zachary is the one who has helped with that. Of course Zachary is petrified of spiders and ants but he can handle other creepy crawlers ok. They recently caught a grasshopper, "Hoppy". Hoppy lived in a jar for about 2 days and then Jakeb decided he needed to be set free...poor Hoppy is now an amputee with only one leg. Last I saw he was alive...and hopping. And this was just as we were leaving so they didn't mess with him anymore. But that's a huge step for Jakeb! Both of them really. And I think it's too cool!

Sorry I am slacking on the picture posting lately. It's on the "to do" list I promise...just not very high up on it haha.

OH!! Please say a prayer for my bestest friends Amber and Phillip they have been trying for a baby for over 2 years now and had their very first IVF transfer today! I am so very excited for them and know they could use the extra thoughts and prayers. Thank you!!

2 comments:

Angie Morris said...

sounds like a fun day..........you are a super cool mom!!!

And prayers for your friends girl!

Roxy said...

I love jamming in the car with the kids!! Prayers for your friends!

You've been tagged. Check out my blog. www.roxysadventures.blogspot.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed