Sunday, June 15, 2008

Miss Me?

Probably not because you didn't know I was gone...(that and from what I can tell about 3 people read this blog...my mom, Robert...and...me, 'tis ok I at least can entertain myself right?). So yeah on a complete spur of the moment we managed a trip to Florida...Destin, FL to be exact. My mother says Destin is NOT Florida LOL...I am sorry but that little FL stands for Florida and quite honestly I just want the beach, flat horizon, sand in my feet, moon on the salty water, and as long as I have a little waves I am good to go! Anyway Jennifer was down there with her kiddo's and mom and had asked us to come down with them a few times. I kept telling them no and that as very tempting as it was especially since Robert was on vacation we didn't even have the gas money to get down there much less back. However Monday Robert did some work for my grandfather and gave him a little moola and seriously within 10 min of talking to Robert and finding out that my friend called with an offer we couldn't refuse to get us down there! LOL. So all signs said "GO to the BEACH!!" I mean really how could we not?! So we decided about 3:30 last Monday to go and left at 9 that night with Jakeb's best buddy Alex in tow. And we had a GREAT time! The kids did great in the car and had a blast down there :) Jakeb had his buddy Alex and Zachary had Caroline so they were mighty happy about that! This is only my 3rd time going to the gulf, my family has always vaca'd on the east coast but I am beginning to prefer the gulf I think. The beaches are just nicer and the water is so darn clear...sure the waves aren't as big but being that I put away the surf board a few years back I think I can manage hehe. That being said it's going to be pretty hard to actually plan vacations away from the east side...don't know that I will be able to!
I of course have plenty of pictures for everyone....all 3 of us... to look at but haven't had a chance to get them up just yet...slacker right?
I am super excited about tomorrow because my best buddy Hope is going to be induced and FINALLY have her baby girl!! I can't wait to get my hands on that little girly! It's taken much self control to not run out and buy all sorts of cute little GIRLY outfits for her! I have her 2 boys Alex and Evan for them while they are at the hospital so I can't rush up there too soon but you bet I will be there as soon as I can be. I am so excited for her and Brian to have their final addition to their cute little fam! :)

Well guess I will head on...and btw if you happen upon my wallet please let me know! Seriously the thing has gotten up and walked away! I can't find it anywhere...but thank god I have my check card (the last time I had it was when I took my cc out of it to get gas) out of it so I don't have to worry with all that mess. But I have no ID which is a big ole' PITA! So yeah...blue and brown Vera Bradley, it's cute and I am bummed I lost it! :( Anyway nighty night!


And Happy Father's Day!!

4 comments:

Angie Morris said...

I read your blog! Just never comment LOL...I don't know why because it bugs me when people don't leave me comments haha

Can't wait to see the FL pics and well of course mine too :)

Thanks again!

Amber Poynor said...

Hey! I read your blog too!!! Well here is a comment...hope your happy :) Wish I could have gone with you. I was literaly hours away from going to FL. UGHHH! Oh well, maybe next time. However, I prefer east coast. You still reading my blog?

Monica said...

I'm glad you guys got to get away! I would kill for a week on the beach!

Margie said...

I read your blog. I am just a stalker and don't ever leave comments! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed