Been a few days since my last "update". Things are trucking along like normal. We had a busy weekend, Robert got home Friday evening. It was tax free weekend here so the boys and I went w/ Hope Friday afternoon to Opry Mills mall to take advantage of it and bought the boys a few things, well Jakeb mostly. I am trying to be good about buying less for Zachary and Gavin since they get all of Jakeb's clothes. I do sell some things in consignment so I can get them so new things and not all hand-me-downs. They like that...well Zachary does...and so do I :)
Saturday we had a birthday party and then got to rush around getting ready for our big "date night" w/ Hope and Brian. We all were excited! We went to Big River Grille for dinner and it was DELICIOUS, love the Hazelcrusted Chicken and the Tropical Cosmo's. YUM! Afterward we went to Big Bang--a dueling piano bar--I went to Big Bang a few weeks back when my girlfriends from college came into town and the second I walked in I couldn't wait to bring Robert back because I knew he would love it. And he did, we had the best time Saturday night! We just listened to music and laughed and had a great time! Thanks to my mom for coming down and staying the night w/ the boys so we could go out, it was very much needed. It was nice to visit w/ friends--Robert's friend Ryan and his bro Bryan came as well--so yes we had Robert, Brian, Ryan, and Bryan. It was a lot of fun!
Robert took Jakeb and Zachary to the Discovery Center Sunday afternoon for a little while to get some "bonding" time in w/ them. Then we head over to his parents house to fix dinner for his Mom for her birthday. It was nice to visit w/ them and dinner was yummy!
Gavin had his 15 month check-up this morning, he's still a peanut and not quite 20lbs which puts him in the 3rd percentile (meaning 97% of kids his age are bigger) but he looks great he's just little! He's so dang cute w/ his itty bitty self so I don't mind the peanut boy, plus it makes him seem like a baby that much longer! Even if he's getting to the fit throwing stage...well he's pretty much right in it! LOL!
Poor Zachary got stung by another bug today....last weekend he tried to pick up a "Velvet Ant" and it stung him. The Velvet Ant is also called a "Cow Killer" because the sting hurts SOOO bad. He's just a magnet for these things! He fell and skinned his knee and ankle twice yesterday...he's definetly a boy!
Jakeb is ready for school to start....some days I am and others I am not. I know he will do great, he's a good kid and listens (for the most part) so I am sure he will do just fine. He's so smart I am excited to see how he does when he's learning things everyday. I have always said if I worked w/ him everyday at home he would know so much--obvious yes but he's such a fast learner! Of course I am biased, he's smart for sure...no genius (well maybe..hehe) but he's a bright kid so I am anxious to see how he does when school starts and he's doing stuff everyday. AND it will give me the chance to focus some time w/ helping Zachary learning his things that he will be doing in preschool.
Alrighty...well I just noticed Robert drove off and left the sprinkler on so I guess I should go shut that off....now that our bill will be $150 again....
No comments:
Post a Comment