Sunday, August 12, 2007

A week ends...A week begins..

Can't believe the weekend is over and another week is starting! This year has absolutely flown by, I think faster than any year in my life thus far. It's August 8 months into the year...leaving only 4 left. I think my head is spinning just thinking about how much time has gone by and it still feels like it should be April! Crazy...I guess time flies when you are having fun.
We have had a pretty good weekend. We moved the boys into the same room yesterday, "the boys"=Jakeb and Zachary. When we bought their bedroom furniture 2 years ago it was purchased with the intent of bunking the beds and them sharing a room. I didn't feel comfortable doing that then and when we moved here we have plenty of room for them to all have their own room. But they are at an age were it's still fun to share a room, so we are giving it a try. Plus we are thinking about baby #4 (which is a year or so away!) and the sleeping arrangements and what not when that time comes. We have enough rooms for everyone to have their own room BUT that would mean no office, which is fine but is quite nice to have. SO Jakeb and Zachary are currently sharing a room...this is night 2. It didn't go down very well, Zachary screamed about how he didn't want to sleep in there, I hoped those battles would settle down with them sharing but apparently not and now Jakeb is having to suffer through listening to him. Eh well hence the "trial" we'll see how it goes.
We let them stay up tonight and watch Star Wars with us for the first time. Jakeb's friend Alex is very much into Star Wars so Jakeb of course needs to see the movie! We watched the old one...I guess the 4th technically. Robert and I have seen them all but now are ready to watch them all again after seeing this one. I hope the movie didn't freak them out too bad, they have never watched anything but cartoons and non-"scary" movies, I guess we'll see on that also. Other kids their age watch it so I THINK they will be ok...out of their sheltered little TV world LOL.
So T-minus 4 days til the first day of Kindergarden! We won't know til Wednesday at the Open House which day Jakeb starts on...Either Thurs or Fri for 1/2 a day. The closer it gets the more nervous and worried I get! Zachary starts Tuesday...I am ready for him to start but not ready for him to be sad about going either. Right now he's VERY excited, but I know him and I can just about guarantee he will not be happy about me leaving him Tuesday. He cried almost everyday last year, oy vey! I will be glad to get into the swing of things and everybody adjusted and situated in our routines w/ school!
Robert is off this week, I hope we don't both cry on Jakeb's first day! It will be nice having him home this week, we of course love when he is here! Gavin has turned into quite the daddy's boy lately. It's so cute but I must admit I am a little sad he's already to that point...of snubbing mommy for Daddy, Jakeb and Zachary were both older before they went thru this! I think he's cutting his molars, poor baby has been so fussy lately. I don't know if it's teeth or just a phase, he's quite grumpy. And I know he wants to talk so bad he tries to tell us stuff and get so mad about things. His favorite thing is being outside and wants his shoes on all day so he is ready for going outside! We have to sneak out anytime we need to run out because he will just cry and cry if he can't come, and bringing him back in watch out...he will NOT be happy! I love that he's trying to talk more but I know he's frustrated. He won't know what to do with himself on Tues/Thurs when Jakeb and Zachary are in school!

Alrighty it's bed time for this chick! Happy Monday in about 45 min!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed