Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Room Mother

Yep that's me! How cheesy does that sound? LOL Jakeb's teacher called last night, to let us know what days he goes and about the parent night and what not, she was very nice and I let her know that I was very eager to help and wanted to help anyway I could. So when we came in today she asked if I wanted to be Room Mother since I was so eager haha, so there ya go. She has never done the whole "Room Mother" thing so she isn't too sure how it all will work. But we'll see! So Jakeb's first day is TOMORROW, as in less than 12 hours from now...he will go from 7:30-11:00 tomorrow and then will go all day on Monday. Yikes! He's so cute and so excited! He told Zachary earlier that he was letting him play with his car and he was going to be really nice to him because he is going to Kindergarten tomorrow. SO cute! I am nervous about all of the "little" things, like lunch and him being in the hall alone. Worried he will get lost or won't have help with his lunch. I know he will do just fine but he's my first to go! He did great at his screening, scored in the high range...not to toot his horn but he's a smart cookie so I am anxious to see how he does. So I will have to remember to post tomorrow about his first day...and I will have lots of pictures!

We took the kids to the Adventure Science Center today, they did much better this time than the last. For some reason Jakeb and Zachary end up near tears everytime we go, there are certain noises that seem to freak them both out and it tends to get a little choatic in certain areas and they get very upset, especially Jakeb. They are both pretty sensitive to loud sounds and certain sounds upset them. But they had a fun time and I was glad we were able to go again before school starts up full swing!

Gavin finally seems to be getting over his cold he's had for a week or so now. His nose is still a little "crusty" but I bet by Friday it will be completely cleared up. I hate colds and runny noses and I know it's frustrating for them too. All 3 of them caught it, just a runny nose and cough...but of course Gavin's not gotten to the point of fighting them off quick like Jakeb and Zachary.

So tomorrow is the big day! I can't believe it, it seems like yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital and I know I will look up soon and he will be off to college! He's ready for school, he's so bright and friendly and such a smart boy. I am very proud of him, so yay Jakeb tomorrow!

Alrighty I guess I am off here to get his things together and set his clothes out...we have to be up and ready to go early!

Good wishes for Jakey boy tomorrow!!

2 comments:

McAngie said...

Goodluck Jakey!! Hope you handle the room Mom thing ok. LOL.

Angie Morris said...

You go Room Mama!! You poor soul LOL

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed