I can't believe I am just now posting about Jakeb's very first day of school...on Sunday no less, 3 days AFTER. So he did great, LOVED it, can't wait to go back. He only went from 7:30-11:00 so we got up and rushed around to get him there on time, I think me worrying about him being late kept me from getting upset...although I don't think I would have anyway. He was so excited but did get quiet and obviously nervous as we were walking in but he said bye and we all did just fine! We picked him up right at 11 and asked him a million questions about the morning and he said they had a gingerbread hunt and made a gingerbread man, they ate lunch, and got their stuff all gathered together. He was very excited and we both were for him. So proud of him! He told me the next day that he was so proud of himself for going to kindergarten and being such a big boy. So cute! He has his first full day tomorrow and then is officially full time in Kindergarten on Wednesday.
Yesterday Caroline and Jennifer came over for the first time in a while and hung out for a bit, Zachary and Caroline are best buddies and are SO stinkin' cute together. So as they were getting ready to leave we decided to let Zachary go with them and stay they night and OMG they thought they won the lottery, SOOO very excited!! They were just beside themselves with excitment, they talked about how they would get to sleep together and "snuggle wuggle" together LOL! They just couldn't even stand it they were so excited, Jennifer said they just yelled and screamed the whole way back with excitment LOL. So this is Zachary's first "sleepover" away from home and he apparently did great...was up very early like usual though! He and Caroline have known each other since they were like 4 months old and are only 3 days apart...when they were younger they thought they were brother and sister and both of them talk about the other all the time, they really are best buds.
And Jakeb got to have Alex spend the night last night, which Jakeb has had friend stay the night before but I don't know if he has without it being me sitting for someone...so in a sense it was his first friend sleepover (I think). Either way it was Alex's first sleepover, they also did great. I woke up to pitter patter of feet on my ceiling (their room is above mine) at 3:45 this morning and came up to find them in the toy room getting set up to play! But they got right back in bed just fine and of course were up ready to go at 6:30! Jakeb is a VERY early riser, UGH!
No sleepovers or first day of school for Gavvy Gav but he is having fun with us and running around being his little stinker self. He's a bossy little guy and knows what he wants for sure! But he's so sweet and so darn cute I can't even stand it! Poor baby has had yucky diapers for the past few days, which Zachary had the same problem (well not diapers..but yucky bathroom trips) last week so I guess it's something going around. Gavin IS finally sleeping all night long! YAY! I didn't push it at all and he finally just started sleeping all night, he's never been a big eater so I knew he was waking up legitimatly hungry so it was hard to just let him cry at 5 in the morning. But now he's no longer waking up at 5 and is more like 6:30-7ish. Which is really nice to finally be sleeping all night.
Hope and Brian came over last night also and we got BBQ and made some drinks....they left around 2 and now we all are recovering and feeling the blahs! Either I drank a bit too much or I have what Gavin has because I am quite nauseous this morning, which is the worst feeling! I haven't felt sick from drinking in years though, so I dunno. Either way we had a great time hanging out as always! It's nice they live just down the road....no worries about how to get home hehe!
Robert heads out of the country for his first time tomorrow! He's off to Montreal, Canada...he has proof of his passport and is good to go! He will be home Friday but then goes back the following week. So we will be on our own next week with school and what not, but all will be well here and I know it will be neat for Robert to venture out of the country even if it's not far it still will be a nice experience. That is a nice thing about his job, is he gets to travel around a lot! So cool!
Alrighty guess I better go get going for the day...or something...it's nearly 11am now YIKES!
No comments:
Post a Comment