Almost an entire week has slipped by! I am slacking here... BUT this week has been pretty hectic.
The boys were sick on Monday/Tuesday which means Jakeb missed his first full phase in day AND he ended up missing Wednesday which was the first official full day. I hate for him to miss but he got sick in the middle of the night and still wouldn't eat so I just kept him home. He has me a bit worried now because he still will not eat hardly anything and still says he feels bad. He obviously looks like he feels bad he is very mopey, very quiet, not playing hardly at all. I called the doctor tonight and she said to give it a few more days. He says his head, his throat, his back, his stomach all hurt...which of course gets my mind wandering to all the scary things that could be wrong. I hate not knowing about these things...it just leaves a pit in my stomach, I am sure he is fine. He's a little skinny boy so not eating AND being sick has probably just done a number on his little body and he has to get caught back up, but it's hard not to worry.
So Thursday/Friday were full days for him, Thursday he woke up excited to go back but then quiet about going again. He got there and was fine and because Hope and I have said we will help with end of the year scrapbooks for the kids we came back right before lunch to get pictures of the kids for their first week. We had lunch with Jakeb and Alex which was nice...BUT man was it culture shock. I know they have so many kids and they have to keep tabs on them all and make sure there is control but everything seemed SO harsh and so drill sargent-ish. The cafeteria workers were not even remotely nice to the kids, all but yelling at them about how to clean up, how to sit etc. These are kindergarteners so they don't know and it's not their fault and many came to Hope for help with opening milk or ketcup. Which if we weren't there how would they drink?! I guess eventually they get it and kids go to school ALL the time and are fine but wow it was hard to leave and think about them going back everyday. None of the kids seemed phased and most acted like they barely heard the cafeteria people, no one ran out crying so that was good! But it was still a bit of a shock...where were those sweet polite people we expected to be treating our kids with prestige?! Even walking down the hall is single file, hands behind your back...and I know my friend who teaches Kindergarten has told me she has to be harder on them at first or they won't take her serious at all. WHich makes sense but still like I said it's just surprising. So after Thursday...it was hard to send him back on Friday, he didn't want to go, I didn't want him to go. (he didn't know that though)..he looked like he would cry when I dropped him off. Plus to make it worse his sweet (not!) younger brother Zachary kept saying "SO I GET TO STAY HOME WITH YOU!?" just to be a stinker about it...kind of like hahaha. Poor Jakeb..I know he's thinking about all the things he's missing but I tried to remind him that he gets to do all kinds of fun stuff at school we don't do. Of course he told us tonight that he doesn't like learning and doesn't like thinking...we said too bad! LOL. One of my concerns with him starting school has also already shown up...I talked to his teacher before school started about Jakeb's shyness and how he doesn't like to do physical things at all...like dancing or playing silly games. I worried that it would be a big issue. She of course said no that she's not ever had it be a problem etc etc. So Thursday and Friday I guess they played music and danced and Jakeb chose not to do it so he has to sit in the "time out" spot...not in time out really but just there as if you don't participate this is were you sit. Which I am fine with and would do the same BUT I would try really hard to encourage him, which I hate that it seems she didn't so much. I know how he feels, I was so the same way when I was a kid...it was an awful feeling being just unable to force myself to do stuff like that. I would get so embarassed and shy and felt so dumb because I really thought/think I couldn't do it. I can't stand he's dealing with the same thing. I hope that I can help him overcome some of it. I talked with him about it and told him that I know how he feels and I was the same way and that I don't want him to feel that way and that he would feel SO much better if he was dancing and having fun with the other kids. He said he's worried they will laugh at him :( So we decided we would pratice doing those types of things at home so that maybe he would feel more comfortable doing it at school and he said ok for that. Of course we HAVE done that and he is near tears everytime because I drag him up to dance with me...so I dunno. Maybe he really doesn't care about sitting there alone while everyone else dances and has fun...maybe he's just too cool for "shaking his booty". He's a different kid that's for sure, I have wondered before with his particularness with things if he would be "labeled" as having sensory "issues"...I have never brought it up to the doctor because I feel it's pretty minor if at all PLUS I know how quick drs can be to stick a label or diagnosis on something. Either way we work on these things as best we can and he's made big strides with many of his particularities about things. He's such a smart boy, but he's a worrier about so many things that most kids don't think twice about.
Ok I will quit rambling on and on about my Jakey! I do have two other kids...I think I will save them for other posts because this one has gotten quite long I am sure!
I start classes on Monday..and I cannot wait! It's the next photog classes after the B/W class and I am so anxious to get in there and start learning some more...plus I will have the chance to get back in the dark room which is a lot of fun...time consuming/frustrating but very fun. I also just got some new lenses for my camera (which is awesome because they all will work for my film camera too...hopefully will help with some kick ass photos!) I will try to remember to post a few of the pics from the new lenses and my paper back drops that I got....it's been fun playing with it all.
Gavin has been talking so much more lately it's great! He says "all done" well his variation of it it's more of a sing songy "ah un" but that's what he's getting at anyway...he is trying to say belly button "beh buh" it's so cute! He's been quite the stinker lately, I bought him a little onsie from Old Navy the other day that says "Don't let my size fool you" it's perfect for him! For example...I asked him for a kiss the other day...so he moves in like he's about to give me one and then "BAM" instead he smacks me in the face! That's how he's been lately! He can now climb onto the kitchen table, onto my bed, thru the banister on the steps which means we have no way to block him from the stairs he loves to climb. He's just a mess! But gosh he's cute and he CAN be oh so sweet. He loves for me to chase him and hide behind the corner and pop out, grab him and tickle him...he just laughs and laughs! Love it!
I haven't forgotten my middle boy...Zachary but I think I will save him for his own post...besides I don't have to have paragraphs EVERY time I post on each kid..right? I always feel bad when I do more or talk more and whatever more for one kid over the other. I try to remind myself that it always evens out but at that moment it's hard not to feel guilty. Darn Mommy guilt!
Robert has been in Canada this week, and he says it's very nice...he's been enjoying 70 degree weather while we are down here in 104 degree TN...not fair!
Today we took the boys to "Dragon Park" aka Fannie Mae Dee's Park in Nashville, I used to go there as a kid and it's such a nice park but it was SO hot we barely were able to enjoy it. We will have to go again when it cools off some.
Alrighty...Robert is off playing Tennis and I am wanting to get some scrapping done..I have TONS of new supplies (thanks to hope!) so I am itching to get using stuff!
Happy Sunday!
1 comment:
Poor little guy! Such a rough start to a new school year. Hopefully those people in the cafeteria will be nicer to them as the year goes on.
Post a Comment