I feel lately like I do a lot of just general complaining. And not really more lately than normal...just that's what I do. Like a casual "hey how you doin'?" is never met with "Oh great! Everything is really great"...it's often met with an eye roll and a "well you know tired but otherwise ok" And ok is ok...but tired is just par for the course so why even go there? And sometimes sure complain...that's fine but all the time? I mean really we have to go negative first...I just don't think so.
I have long past said I am just not "one of those" the people that are just happy. Bubbly and happy go lucky and everything is just GOOD. Sure sure they have their days when it's not but over all they don't look at the world ho hum and glum. But the truth is while I don't have to outwardly be bubbly and cheerful I could at least try to be less gripey. I am even annoying myself with it...and probably much as in the past I am being too hard on myself about all this mumbo jumbo. And while I do often call just to share a funny or a happy bit of awesomeness...many times I call someone or post here to bitch about something. When really I would like to see more hey life is fantastic sorta things going on too. Because life IS fantastic. Aside from all the awfulness in this fantastic country that quite honestly makes me want to move to a hide out in the woods or Denmark. Life here in this house is good.
Sure, sure we have our hard days and our moments of hair pulling but that is not really what defines my days. I know that instead of dwelling on the fact that the boys cut our trip to the pool short by misbehaving or that they are all in separate rooms right now because I had had enough....I can just shrug it off as par for the course and part of you know...parenthood and life. Hello. Yes, yes your right.
So now that I have complained about complaining...yes yes I noticed that. And really I probably don't as much as I think...but sometimes maybe I do. So less complaining and uh...interrupting yes that too.
We managed to tackle a few things on the ole TO DO list this weekend. You know the one...the one that goes on forever and ever and always. A few tree trimmings and yard mowing and a baby step closer to finishing the stairs I started way back when. A non squeaky baby step at that. We filled the gap in the landings and put down 4543 nails to stop the squeakiness. So there's that....and eventually there may even be stain! A light sleeping baby and a noisy sander are hindering progress. Also did I mention that light sleeping baby is actually turning into a decent napper? Hallelujah a nap is a nap at last! We still aren't pushing out 2 hr naps but we have regularly had at least one ONE hour nap a a day and friends I will take that over the cat naps that were going down.
And also...a certain fab guy had a birthday up in here and thought he would sneak by unmentioned...so here's a mention....no really. It was Robert's birthday over our vacay week last week...so A big happy birthday to him and his 33 years of baby face-ness. And 33 years of being so awesome I consistently feel the need to remind him of all the ways he isn't....I am nice like that and it's a favor really. Ok...so in all seriousness he IS that awesome. Like for reals. I could list all the ways that he knows he's fantastic...but let's not get carried away mmmkay. Let's just say he's great and we are so lucky he's ours and that I can honestly say I look forward to growing old together and watching these kiddies grow and just kicking it with my guy. Which is good...since we are married and all. He really is my very bestest pal. And I think that while us getting married was a good sign of love and all...when it really hit me was when I started wanting him when I am sick or hurt or sad instead of my mom. While I want my mom and I need my mom forever and always...he is my person now (sorry mom...you still are too I promise!) all the times of "I just want my mom" are now filled with "I just want Robert" (and my mom!). If that makes any sense....he is my grown up comfort person and that's how it should be. So yeah...Happy Birthday to Robert.
And that's a wrap....
2 comments:
Thank you! I want you when I'm sick too!!! :) Love you!
So funny! I am like that too. :)Congrats on your dossier!
Lena
Post a Comment