Long time no typey typey. We have survived A) our first camping trip at the beach in the summer...and B) our first vacation as a family of 6 with a baby. A baby who I should mention thought the best time to get his first tooth would be while we were out of town. But he was a for real trooper...and quite possibly won the easiest baby ever award.
So the camping...let's just first say this was my idea and I am some sort of crazy I am sure. HOWEVER. It really wasn't bad at all. Yes, yes it was hot but not that hot...the issue wasn't the heat it was the humidity because walking around feeling damp is just not fun. Picking up a sticky baby isn't either. Robert says I would be a great indian because I can just be outside like it's no big deal...and I am like well it is no big deal--most of the time. I don't do outside in the dark alone...so that would be a problem in my indian-hood. But I can also just relax outside doing nothing for a long time. And I love exploring around outside. And there is something about the breeze blowing thru our tent and the staring at the stars. I will stop here to complain that loud birds in the morning are not cool and that tents and air mattresses and showers are a must. I draw the line right there. And I will also tell all you folks with RV's that camping isn't camping unless you are in a tent or in the open air. Just sayin' ;-). So St. Andrews State Park in PCB is pretty good and the showers are way better than at Unicoi State Park where we camped in October....I will also say that camping in the summer is ok...provided you have a fan and at least some breeze. We saw several people with straight up window air conditioners sticking out of their tents. We called that cheating but were also a little jealous. If we do it again at the beach--which it's likely that we will. We will not choose July and try to locate a campground that is actually directly off the beach. Where we were we had to drive down to the beach that was about a mile or so away.
After 2 days of camping we packed it up and hit up one of our favorite beach towns, Cape San Blas for 4 nights. We arrived stoked to be walking distance to the beach and with a pool to use directly off the beach....we trekked out to the beach super excited only to find it stinky and covered with sea weed. Bummer. The sea weed in fact was so thick in the water we chose to actually drive further down the island to see if it was better--it was so we again had to drive to the beach. Which is a pain with 4 littles...but better than not going. We had a great time and the boys were very sad to have to leave Florida and their friends. My friend and her 3 kiddies came down and stayed with us in CSB for the 4 nights.
We are kinda glad to be home and less glad to be doing laundry and even less happy about the fact that school starts in 2 weeks. Our summer is gone and it feels like it just started. Our chalk board full of activities didn't even get a dent put in it...so we are getting cracking on all things bucket listed this week. Nothing like a good cram to get 'er done.
1 comment:
Also, we hung out w Teresa.
Post a Comment