Friday, May 18, 2012
This evening Zachary pulled out our pen/junk drawer in the kitchen to look for something and somehow managed to pull the entire drawar out as in the front of the thing came off and of course all the odds and ends in the drawer went everywhere. I wasn't inside when this happened fortunately because I am sure my head would have come off--at least momentarily until I remembered it was an accident. I tend to blow my top about things like that either completely or my initial reaction is anger and then a calm as I remember accidents happen and I of all people should know this. I break, drop, and spill things daily. So I don't mean to get so mad over things like that but I do and I try not to.
As I was picking things up (after Zachary had cleaned up most of it) I found a little card with some "words of wisdom" and my plan was to toss them on the blog because they are definitely things I could remember. But now here I sit and the card is downstairs and I am not. So instead I am mentioning it but not actually writing it out. I will some other time.
Gavin's birthday party is Sunday and I am feeling pretty good about getting everything done we need to. The lack of car kept me from being about to bounce around all week picking things up here and there and instead I had my list ready and waiting on Thursday. And I busted it out. Some days I can focus and stay on task long enough to get things done and others I peter out pretty quickly. Yesterday I even managed to call the garbage company and get a bigger recycle bin "ordered" which has been on the to do list for 4532 days. I like items like that because I feeel like a tool for not calling and not calling and then I get it done and feel like I conquered the world. I also managed to get the oil changed in the van and hit up 93 stores getting my items I needed for the partay on Sunday. Did I mention Nolan is darn awesome? No? Well in case you wondered--he is. And really the cat napping works to my benefit on busy days because I know that the 30 min nap he squeezed in is all he would get normally anyway so it's not sleep stress.
Next on the conquer the world list is figured out how to explain to the IRS why we don't owe them 14K because that letter we got last week suggesting that we do is bogus. I goofed on our 2010 taxes and left a form off and now need to explain the error. No biggie I get why it's messed up and I know how to explain it...I just don't know how to explain it on the handy dandy form they would like me to send them. Oy.
Also if anyone would like to come over every night to cook for us arouond 6 that would be superb. I cannot seem to get a handle on the kitchen tasks again. Not that I ever did much anyway but for reals we haven't cooked a proper dinner at home in a shameful amount of days {weeks}. I am toast by about 3:30 everyday so dragging my rear into the kitchen to prepare a decent dinner is just not happening these days. I have made some delish muffins and other tasty treats but no dinner. Oops.
Well the eye lids are getting heavy---catch ya in dream land.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment