Gavin, Gavin, Gavin--this child is one of a kind. At 6 Gavin is a big brother and proud of it. He is finally not the only little one in the house. Something that I think his big giant personality had a hard time with...so little no more. Gavin is reading at 6 and doing addition that leaves us very impressed. He is happy and helpful--most of the time. He is still quite a grump in the mornings but typically perks up after some food is put in his belly. He still goes to bed with ease. His hair is the longest it's ever been and is looking mighty cute. I told him this yesterday and he looked at me and flipped it with the cutest grin. About that grin--it's a cross between mischievous and very genuine but 100% adorable.
Describing Gavin has always been harder for me because I don't want to make him sound like he's not the awesome guy he is...but Gavin is everything. He's silly and he's fiesty. He's calm and he's goofy. He's friendly and he's shy. He is calm and he's wild. He's moody and he's joyful. He's proud and he's humble. He is just Gavin. And he's perfect at it.
He is very much a perfectionist and has the neatest handwriting I have ever seen. He can draw things that often amaze me, mostly because he goes from never drawing to just drawing. He colors better than I do. He is loving himself some cash flow and I am certain we will soon be turning to him for loans. He is generous and caring. He adores everyone of his brothers and loves being around them. Watching Gavin grow and change is so cool...I can't think of a better word. Amazing? Yes of course. He is such a neat guy. Gavin has been so much for us as they all are but Gavin our 3rd boy is something special and what we needed and always need. His bright blond hair and twinkly blue eyes and his love and trust and his calm are perfect for every bit of all of us here. Happy 6th Birthday to the best 6 year old I know...We love you Gavin!
ETA: That green jammied Boot picture is my new favorite picture of him....I want to crawl thru the picture and scoop up that toddler boy and squeeze him and squish him and keep him that tiny and sweet forever and ever.






No comments:
Post a Comment