A couple weeks ago a bought a big bag of lemons. A year or 2 ago I made home made lemonade and the guys were all yum and so was I. Squeezing the lemons {by hand} isn't that hard but it's not that easy but it really is it's just not as easy as one 2, 3 scoops and shake shake your done. A few days ago we tossed out the bad lemons and today I {finally} squeezed the good ones. I have lemon hands and I think some lemon on my arm. Eventually I will mix up the simple syrup and stir, stir and be done. And in 2 days the lemonade will be gone. But in the mean time I get props for hand squeezed home made real lemonade. Then I will say I should make it more and I might but I probably won't...but maybe I will. I am turning a corner with things. With preparing things ahead of time or from "scratch". I don't like the cost or the crud in the easy stuff. So we are trying to do better...but all the while not doing better. We have made dinner at home 2 days this week. Which I think is 2 days more than last.
I struggle to keep my desk clean and struggle to not yell at the kids too much and struggle to get rid of the dust and the cob webs. But every once in a while I toss together a good meal or a fun day and it makes it all ok.
I don't pretend to have it all down pat and I am quick to point out my flaws and faults. But we do ok. I lose my temper and I hope the home made muffins or giggling makes up for my probably too harsh words. I am no "super mommy and no saint." But I make a delicious lemonade.
No comments:
Post a Comment