Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November

I say it every month...every.single.month.  But really...already it's another month?  We are fast approaching Thanksgiving and then Christmas and then oh my goodness it's the end of the year...again!?  I am just now getting used to it being 2011 and now it's over.  First let me just say Christmas already??!?  Wow.  I see the leaves changing outside and feel the temperatures dropping but I haven't given a lot of thought really to the season.  I was thinking that the other day that "wow, it's fall"  Not that there is a lot of thought needed in that but just "oh wow, it really is fall".  I have been so obsessed preoccupied with everything baby and then just keeping up with everything that it just happened.
I love fall and love the changing cooler weather and all that comes with it...Thanksgiving and Christmas and just then it's February and I am over it all but in the beginning I (don't well all?) love it and welcome it.  And now it's November which is the month this little surprise boy will arrive and pretty much every part of me is doing a giant exhale and saying "we made it".  Not that I didn't think we would but my goodness it felt as if we wouldn't but at the very same time I can't believe it's November.  So funny how that works.
There are a few small things I keep thinking I need to do before he makes his grand debut but really we are ready and waiting and are really getting ready to be a family of six.  With each birth it seems bittersweet...welcoming a new little one and at the same time welcoming a new little one and changing the family dynamic and the family in general.  All very much for the better but still a change and that sometimes makes one stop and think "Oh Wow. This is going to be different and wonderful and just an adjustment in more and different ways than I first thought"  So I am trying to make an effort to enjoy the last little bit of our family of 5 because very soon we will be 6 and what we have known for the past 5+ years will be ever so different...all be it wonderful!  But really the nerves and trepidation I have felt in the past before a baby is born isn't there...the boys are older and we are all very ready to meet this spikey haired baby (did I mention in the last u/s his hair was very spikey?)  I think we are old pros at this point.
This past week we wrapped up Jakeb's 3rd soccer season and his team went undefeated which is so super exciting and also Jakeb is loving soccer which is also exciting for this non athletic boy.  He isn't the best on the team but the fact that he keeps trying and keeps wanting to play is fantastic.   He is such an awesome kid...in so many ways.  He's my sidekick and has been so helpful and patient with me and my whining and just overall need for their help.  He and Zachary both have, I am so proud of them and who they are becoming.  Sure, sure they have their moments...hours...and days of "OMG you are driving me nuts" but keeping it all in perspective certainly helps.  They are fantastic little boys and not because of anything special we do or have done...they are just awesome dudes.
It also seems that my blogging has tapered off a bit...sorry about that.  Though I imagine it seems understandable.  Soon enough a new face will be here!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed