Sunday, November 6, 2011

Siiiike

One would think that by the time you are on your 4th experience with child birth you would have it figured out and there wouldn't be any of the "is this it?" moments of first time moms. Yeah, you would think. But dang if we didn't mosey on over to L&D last night at 10 only to be sent home with instructions not to come back until you know...it's the real deal. Problem is I don't know what that is exactly. With kiddo numero uno we did the get sent home thing only to return a day later with tears in our eyes and veins ready for pitocin to help things along. Boy 2? Well I was straight up induced with him from the get go...so no clue there. And number 3 well I did go into labor with him but almost got sent home that time too. Lucky for me I am a wimp and had already gotten my epidural and they let me stay and again started the pitocin. In fact I got my epidural so quickly with all of them I never apparently experienced real contractions. So yeah....Rachel doesn't really know what real labor feels like. So last night when I had contractions for many hours that were between 2-5 min apart and moderately painful we hit up our local L&D. However, I left the hospital after roughly 30 min, time for them to check me discover I am at 2 cm and not in real labor. I also left ready to cry or throw a temper tantrum. I didn't do either. So here we sit today ho hum. Another day it is then.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed