Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 12.

Our sweet little one is 12 days old today and I am really wishing we could just back up a few days...shortly I will be wishing for years. He is doing wonderful and we are of course totally enthralled with every little grunt and squeak he makes. He tosses smiles our way with frequency and while they are obviously not intentional at this point--you know since he's asleep and all--it's awesome none the less. The big boys are on their Thanksgiving break for the week and my mom is on her way down to stay with us and entertain us for the week. Our Turkey day will be very low key this year and we are all looking forward to the simplicity of it. The 6 of us +my mom and we will whip up some food for us to enjoy and celebrate all we are thankful for with a lot less stress than in the past. Nolan will rock his Turkey day shirt and we will bust out the fancy plates just for us. Nolan so far is sleeping relatively well...waking every 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours which I am pretty sure means I am getting more sleep than before he was born. I am getting my energy back and holy moly I have ankles again! I didn't realize how incredibly swollen my legs and feet were until I am seeing them NOT swollen. Yeah, scary. I have of course taken umpteen million pictures but not many that are actually on the computer just yet. This next week my goal is to embrace our warm weather and drag my 4 little boys outside to attempt a Christmas card photo or 10. I get pretty perfectionist ridiculous about my Christmas Cards each year (um hello, photographer in me) so we have to rock them--the new baby will help--that and the fact that the big bros are so darn cute. I may or may not have picked out Christmas cards over a month ago...but have yet to actually purchase any Christmas gifts, go figure. Speaking of Christmas...eek. I am not really sweating it at this point. I could probably knock it all out in 4 days--if you know money grew on trees and my energy was indispensable. Ok ok ok....pictures...I promise I have better ones but they will have to wait...Though this one is pretty dang cute... IMG_6058 IMG_6041 And this one was from just a few minutes ago...I was trying to catch him smiling in his sleep...I missed! PA310181

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love him. I'm so happy for you. I think he looks like Jakeb in the last picture. I hope you are well and getting some rest! XOXO

Mommy of THREE little MONKEYS said...

Hope you guys have a happy SIMPLE Thanksgiving! I wish we could go for simplicity this year! Oh and good luck with your Christmas cards! I'm holding out on ours until after our little one is born, to avoid sending out announcements AND Christmas cards. It will be quite the rush to get pics and cards made in time for people to get them before like February! Oh well all we do is our best. Wishing you all well!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed