Not much to update on the adoption. Our dossier IS being submitted (today??) to the powers that be in Colombia but we still just don't know if we are looking at 6 months, 1 year, or 3. I am trying to remind myself that we busted thru the dossier process at lightening speeds and most are not at this point this quickly and also remind myself that IF I had indeed gotten pregnant we still would not have a baby. It's been since September, really closer to October--that's like 4 or 5 months only. But it's hard to remember that--my impatience gets the best of me often. Keeping in perspective is a nice idea though and helps bring me back to reality....so I try. And it's all I can do. The sunshine-y days certainly help.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Sunshine is my drug
Today was absolutely gorgeous here in North GA. Gorgeous enough that the boys busted out shorts. In February. Gavin and I walked up to the tennis courts to play for a bit this afternoon and I stripped down to my tank top (and pants of course!). I was hot--in February! Crazy. But I will take it. The sun on my face and arms was glorious. My favorite place to be in the yard is laying on the trampoline and feeling it's warmth and watching the trees sway under the breezy blue sky. Listening to the quiet trickle of the stream that runs thru the middle of our back yard. The boys and I spent the entire afternoon outside and I have muddy shoes and scratched up arms to prove it. We worked on clearing leaves out of the stream with sticks aka playing in the water. In an attempt to boost our quiet trickle to a rushing rapid--this did not happen but the volume did get a little crank up on the bubbling brook. We have been able to ascertain that the water is in fact coming up out of the ground in various places and weaves it's way thru the leaves and muck that often builds up. It never is dry and never deep, just a tiny little stream of happy quietly rolling thru our yard. We ended up with muddy wet shoes but thoroughly enjoyed our sunny day. Shoes are in the wash!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment